• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readigrass?

capel

Warren Veteran
My rabbits have always spent the daylight hours out on grass, but we are having to give it a rest..feed and fertilise, and reseeding some areas as we've moved the vegetable garden. This means that their big runs will have to be moved onto the patio areas for several weeks ...so that it can recover, and to be sure that all the chemicals have dissipated. I've bought some readigrass, but am unsure how much they should be given...

My rabbits have always spent the daylight hours out on grass, but we are having to give it a rest..feed and fertilise, and reseeding some areas as we've moved the vegetable garden. This means that their big runs will have to be moved onto the patio areas for several weeks ...so that it can recover, and to be sure that all the chemicals have dissipated. I've bought some readigrass, but am unsure how much they should be given...

Hi Hilda :wave:

I tend to go easy on Readigrass as I have had a few Buns get bloaty on it. I would start off with just a level tablespoonsful a day per Bun and gradually increase it. You'll need to watch out for signs of sludgey wee as I have also seen some Buns show signs of ingesting way too much calcium when fed Readigrass.

If Readigrass is introduced slowly and not overfed (no more than about 3 level tablepoonsful per day per Bun) then it should be fine :)

You could always either plant some grass in trays for them to eat or put some turf in a tray of soil for it to grow on.

Thanks Jane. I had intended giving a handful per bun, but will go easy as per your advice.

This is what I had ready last year when I had to keep them in to put new grass seed down in the back garden! Didn't take them long to get through it but at least it was better than nothing!

GrassHutch.JPG

SDC11100.JPG

Last edited:
:wave: Hi Hilda nice to see you on here again. The place Bobby and I get hay from does large bags (almost the size of a hay bale) of redigrass if you want to buy in bulk :D

Back