• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long Term Fosters?

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
I have no idea where to put this so can a MOD move as appropriate please? :wave:
At the moment my life is in turmoil.
My Dad has confessed to being a liar and cheat and is moving out to America to be with another woman.
He's leaving my Mum in the cottage with 1 dog, 2 cats, 7 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs. This has come out of the blue for my Mum and she is so devestated and has a lot of things to deal with.
My Mum loves all the animals so much but she can't really look after herself at the moment let alone all of them.
She's going to keep the dog and the cats but she doesn't think she can cope with my rabbits and guinea pigs :cry: I am completely helpless as I'm at uni with exams all this week :(
So I'm shamefully asking the forum if anyone can take my 7 rabbits on a long term foster until I leave uni?
I think I have rehome my guinea pigs to my auntie who lives close by (they come with 6ftx2ft with attached 6ftx4ft run) but they may be an option too :cry:
This is breaking my heart so much to look for fosters but I physically can't have them here and I do not want to rehome them as I love them too much.
All vet bills/upkeep would be paid for and they'd come with their enclosure (a 12ftx6ft shed/aviary type enclosure). They're all bonded and are very happy.
1 doe called Ghostie (her story is on the forum somewhere - saved from a 1ft hamster cage, bought to me immaciated) All the rest are male - Toffee, my old boy :)love:) a harlequin Angora X, Pickle Pudding mylittle soldier, agouti dutch, Benjamin Button, my nervous little panda, and my 3 angels Frosty, Whisper and Gabriel, my failed fosters that I've had since they were 2 weeks old.
Can anyone help? Expect frequent visits :lol:

Last edited:
Im so sorry it has come to this for you and your pets :(

I really wish i could help, as im not too far away. But i dont have any room for 7 bunnies! :( :cry:

I really hope you find someone to help!

We don't have space for anymore accommodation, or else I too would offer.

I hope you find someone who can help.

What an awful situation for both your mum and you to find yourselves in :(

Sadly I am unable to help personally but didn't want to read and run. Hoping things work out for you all :)

Distance is not an issue, I'd travel to the other end of the country to ensure that my babies stay safe and well looked after during this dfficult time.
We'll transport all their accomodation, I'll bring loads of bales of hay, feed, pay for vet bills etc.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all this while you are away from home and taking exams, what a stressful time. Remember to look after yourself and be sure that we are all thinking of you and wishing for a solution to come your way.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum and Dad, Hetty. :(

I'm not in a position to be able to help :(:( but I really hope you can get something arranged. Best of luck. x

When do you leave uni? How long term are you looking at is it months or years?
My family live in Essex, I will speak to them as my parents have the space, but not sure whether they will be up dealing with 7 bunnies!

I'm not sure. It could just be until my Mum gets herself sorted but I'm in my first year of uni, and it's a 3 year course.

I am so sorry how awful!

I hope you find somewhere close so at least you can visit. It must be breaking your heart.

Good luck I hope everything works out for you all. xxx

If Mum hadn't just sold her house or if we had a bigger garden I'd have them for you in a flash. I hope you can find someone hom...I know how much your babies ean to you
xx

Hetty if distance isn't a problem and you can't sort something closer I have room for your set up here ,can't help thinking it would be better for you if there was someone closer though.

I hope someone can help. Didnt want to read and run.

I'm so sorry you and your family are going through all this xxxx

If I thought I could get permission I would look after the guineas for you, I live in basingstoke which is only like an hour, maybe a bit longer, from london, do you live in essex? I'm not sure how long it would be from there.

I'm not sure. It could just be until my Mum gets herself sorted but I'm in my first year of uni, and it's a 3 year course.

where are you staying at the moment?
in halls?

because if you are in halls, you can start looking now for student house shares next year.
a lot of them will accept pets.
so that would mean that you could take them back next year, rather than waiting for the 3 years to finish.
i don't know how practical that would be for you, just thought i'd mention it :)

i wish i could help, but i am far away for a start and moving house soon as well :(
if you can't find anyone though, i would do it and work out the practicalities later ;)
obviously, it would be much much better for you to find someone who is in a better position than me. but the offer is there if you can't find anyone x

Back