• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay for Pets - Ings Hay - It's here! It's Great!

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Randomly, we had Royal Mail deliver this yesterday :?

That said, i was firstly disappointed by the size of the bag, for the price.

At that time though i hadnt had a chance to open it.

Its now been opened and OH MY GOD.

This hay is awesome, easily the best i've ever bought for B&G.

Theres actually a really good amount in there, and its so lovely, green, fresh and the smell, well, if bunnys could speak, they'd tell me this is the oyster of hays!

They are DEMOLISHING it. They wont stop eating it. I'm so happy, so chuffed. Going to send an email to Graham @ HayforPets thanking him.

This is the 1.8Kg bag - but for £3 extra i can get the 4.8Kg bag, so will be ordering more very very soon.

Have to say, very happy campers!

Pictures;

Bag:

P1040179Small.jpg

Hay itself:

P1040180Small.jpg

It is brilliant! Oscar loves it too and won't eat any other hays now- even his Orchard grass!

The 4.8kg bag is definitely worth the extra £3 :)

This hay looks great! If my farm run out of bales then I will definitely order some of this for my fussy two.

That looks good. I've just order more green oat for Spenser. He likes it (well more than other hays), but I have a suspicion it is irritating his eye. :roll:

That looks good. I've just order more green oat for Spenser. He likes it (well more than other hays), but I have a suspicion it is irritating his eye. :roll:

I reckon even Spenser might enjoy this Susie ! :lol:

B&G ignored their green oat hay to eat this :shock:

I reckon even Spenser might enjoy this Susie ! :lol:

B&G ignored their green oat hay to eat this :shock:

Oh that's really interesting, thanks. :) I know Spenser will probably never be a hay monster, but frankly anything is worth trying. Spenser is quite easily bored, so different hays could be a good thing. Also, it looks like some of his favourites from Animal Magic will not be available for a while. :(

Oh that's really interesting, thanks. :) I know Spenser will probably never be a hay monster, but frankly anything is worth trying. Spenser is quite easily bored, so different hays could be a good thing. Also, it looks like some of his favourites from Animal Magic will not be available for a while. :(

If you want, i could post you a sample of it? :)

If you want, i could post you a sample of it? :)

That's very kind, but I wouldn't want to deprive B&G of even a handful of their favourite. I've just had a look at a thread about this stuff on diet, and it seems more likely than not Spenser might condescend to eat it ... and hay is never wasted. If he will not eat it it can be used up as the lining of his basin. :roll::lol:

That's very kind, but I wouldn't want to deprive B&G of even a handful of their favourite. I've just had a look at a thread about this stuff on diet, and it seems more likely than not Spenser might condescend to eat it ... and hay is never wasted. If he will not eat it it can be used up as the lining of his basin. :roll::lol:

You wouldnt be depriving them. The offer is there if you would like to, but i understand if you dont :)

None of mine are overly impressed:? :oops:

I usually get a bale from the farm, but the last one was not as nice as normal but all mine still preferred it:shock:

Last edited:
I've had good responses from Roo with the Ings hay, he's munched tons of it. Peanut I'm still not sure about. Both don't seem overly keen on the meadow hay, even though they loved the sample which is weird? :( I'll try Peanut again on the Ings so I'll wait and see. They both love the Timothy I normally get so I'll still be giving them that as well.

I'm ordering beasties some when I get home me thinks. Currently I buy them burns green oat, meadow, a bale, orchard grass, readigrass and western timothy (£36 for 4kg):shock:.

I want this!

The ings hay you got is a lot better quality than the one I got! Mine was a bit brown and the buns refuse to eat it, but they LOVE the meadow hay:love:

Bobby and Carlo, gave a definite thumbs up, I bought a bag of meadow and INgs for about 15 quid, and I tell you what they LOVED it

The ings hay you got is a lot better quality than the one I got! Mine was a bit brown and the buns refuse to eat it, but they LOVE the meadow hay:love:

Same here, the Ings I've got isn't as green as Grahams bag but Roo seems to likes it. I'm wondering if there was also a difference in my sample of meadow hay compared to the bag I got, it was quite damp, not too much but not as dry as the sample so maybe that's my they haven't taken to it, I love the smell of it though :D Either that or the buns are giving mummy the runaround :lol:

Ooh very nice. It looks quite similar to the baled stuff, nice long strands, but without having to store a bale!

Ooh very nice. It looks quite similar to the baled stuff, nice long strands, but without having to store a bale!

This was my thought :)

If this bag lasts ~ 2weeks which i think it will in our modified-special anti-digging-jcbiscuit-not-everywhere-else-all-over-the-house-without-digging litter tray, then its all going to be gravy! :D

Wow, thats some good looking hay!

May have to get OH to buy some as both Pie and Obie go through hay faster than ever! :shock:

Back