• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

very upset and nervous

shakiraminilop

Warren Scout
I dropped my baby shakira of at vets today she was so shaky as she dont like it there and she was gripping on to me for dear life i feel guilty i have left her there to be done! i wanted to cry they sed her heart was irregular this morn but still wanted to go ahead with it :(

please send gud vibes

love my shakira
69849_444907971913_508081913_5422819_5774587_n-1.jpg

Your rabbit has an irregular heartbeat and the vet still wanted to spay her? Is that what you're saying?

Hope she's okay.

Your rabbit has an irregular heartbeat and the vet still wanted to spay her? Is that what you're saying?

Hope she's okay.

A rabbit's heartbeat ca go irregular under stress. I would expect they would wait until she is calmer and then reassess. The Dopeys, Baddger and Rosie get heart murmur's at the vets but the vet found if he listened and kept listening, it went away.

Remember shakiraminilop, you've done what you think is best for her. It may be distressing, but you've done what good owners do which is pur her needs before your own :) I hope you get a positive update soon.

i hope all goes well.. i hate leaving any of mine for any reason as well and uasually end up crying when i get back to the car! :cry:

lots of vibes.

A rabbit's heartbeat ca go irregular under stress. I would expect they would wait until she is calmer and then reassess. The Dopeys, Baddger and Rosie get heart murmur's at the vets but the vet found if he listened and kept listening, it went away.

Remember shakiraminilop, you've done what you think is best for her. It may be distressing, but you've done what good owners do which is pur her needs before your own :) I hope you get a positive update soon.

Yes, i should have also added, you're definately doing what is best for her :)

Hope its just a 'stress' related issue and would calm down and be re-assesed after her being there a while :wave:

thank u yer they still wanted to do it but she i think her heart may b fast as she nervous at the vets and other people touching her i just hope that is the case i have to phone them at two but i just want her back now shes my world lol sound like a loser lol xx

i had 2 does spayed on friday and when i arrived at the vet she said both there hearts were racing and thay had wet noses, she checked them over and said it was just nerves/stress.
thay both came through the op ok and are back to themselves already.
try not to worry to much.
hope all goes ok. XX

thank u yer they still wanted to do it but she i think her heart may b fast as she nervous at the vets and other people touching her i just hope that is the case i have to phone them at two but i just want her back now shes my world lol sound like a loser lol xx

No you don't. You sound like the rest of us who love our bunnies :)

Remember, no news, right now, is good news :)

Your not a loser! We're all like that here. My Oscar was in for his neuter last week and I was panicking for weeks before, and refusing to go to lectures until I got the call saying he was ok in case I missed it.

Glad to hear that the irregular heart is probably due to stress, learn something new everyday :lol:

Hope all goes well :wave:

One of my bunnies has an irregular heart beat which gets worse with stress and she has come through many dentals OK.

I hope you hear good news shortly :wave:

Try not to worry! Vets surgeries are a bit scary for buns, especially nervy ones as there's lots of new smells and sounds. I'm sure she'll be fine once she has a little peace and quiet and you'll have her safely home before you know it.

xx

hi guys she is home with me now but the vet sed her temp dropped she is reli cold she is a house rabbit and heating is on full she is just sitting in her litter tray i dont know if i shud just leave her :(

Back