• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Being nosey :oops:

Poppy <3

Alpha Buck
How does your winter/ summer routine with your buns differ? i.e fedding times, free range time etc, thanks!

Since my 2 have been back outside, theyve been allowed to make as much mess as they want! Just glad that I dont have to hoover eveyday now! :lol:

Run gets cleaned every Sunday & their litter tray every 3rd day as its pretty huge!

Feeding times are still the same & they get free range for a few hours every Saturday & Sunday.

My own two are outside and have the run of the back garden during the day - I am a stay at home mum and hubby works in the conservatory so we have plenty eyes watching them! The only reason I wouldn't let them out in the winter is if it is very wet outside because I would worry about their coats not being dry before the temperature drops at night.

Something funny i have noticed is, they have a huge bed of straw and hay to burrow into but whenever i check on them, which can be as late as 1am, they are sitting downstairs on the concrete slabs :shock::shock::shock:

In terms of feeding and cleaning out it is the same all year, just a warmer coat and gloves in the winter.

Something funny i have noticed is, they have a huge bed of straw and hay to burrow into but whenever i check on them, which can be as late as 1am, they are sitting downstairs on the concrete slabs

Same with my 2! They look so uncomfortable stretched out on the concrete dont they!

mine are normally outside in a shed with a run attatched in decent weather.

no matter what the season i sweep and empty the litter tray twice a day, morning and night when i feed and do the water.

this winter was so bad i actually had the entire shed knee deep in straw for months, i have a double hutch at the back of the shed for them to also use and i normally just stuff that with straw and hay and a cardboard box as well on the shed floor.. and they didn't get out as much. i was also checking water/food more often as it was freezing over in a few hours. :(

at the moment they are all indoors as i had to re bond the 2 girls after speying and it was too cold to put them back out.

through the good months they have access to the run from about 7am until 10/11pm, thats really the only thing that changes.... oh and i'm not warming 4 heatpads up and running out with them at 10pm every night!! :lol:

Back