• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent advice needed update on Sooty

crazy daisy

Warren Scout
Gone to feed bunnies as usual and Sooty is not himself. Normally he is first out of their run and really eager for his breakfast. He has not shown any interest in breakfast although he has eaten a bit of parsley. He keeps stretching out on his tummy and fidgeting as if he can't get comfy? any ideas? will get him to a vet but mine doesn't open til 9

Last edited:
The vets should have an out of hours number but 9 am isnt too far away anyway. Have you tried feeling his tum to see if it feels ok. A tummy rub might push out some gas if he's a little gassey?

I'm really not the best person to ask - hoping someone more knowledgeable comes along soon! xxx

Take him as soon as they open. Before then, can you give him a heat pad? I wouldn't try to feed him anymore, until the vet can rule out a blockage.

Good luck at the vets. Hope he's alright!

This may sound cruel when hes obviously in discomfort but chase him round the room/garden. Making him run around will move any gases. If he refuses to move wrap a hot water bottle in a towel & if bun feels very cold wrap him in bubble wrap (if you have any) this will help keep him warm until vet time

Thanks for all your replies will try and get him moving but he doesn't really want to. I've had him about a year but he has never been ill i haven't got any medical history from before for i had him just scared as to what it is.

he won't want to move as he's uncomfortable:(
i have to really annoy mine to get them to move when this happens. sometimes it relieves the gas (if thats what it is) x

I've made him have a run about he won't let me touch his left side of his tummy but now he is foraging and showing interest in his food. He is also abit more alert! should i still take him to the vet?

He is back to his normal self! being nosey getting into places he shouldn't. He has also been eating and drinking. Im sure he just wanted to give me heart failure.

Hiya thought id give an update on Sooty. Like id written earlier he seemed to be back to his normal self so i decided not to take him to the vet. I left for work at 10 then came back to check on him at 12 during my lunch and he was in his litter tray looking uncomfortable and almost straining to go. So i took him straight down to the vet and my vet said that he has possibly eaten something that he shouldn't and poo has built up around it. His tummy is moving as normal so I've gota wait for the rest to come out, he has already had a fairly big poo. I've gota syringe feed liquid parafin twice a day for the next 2-3 days to help him pass it. Please don't critise me for not taking him sooner as he seemed fine but can i have some poo vibes please?

Hiya thought id give an update on Sooty. Like id written earlier he seemed to be back to his normal self so i decided not to take him to the vet. I left for work at 10 then came back to check on him at 12 during my lunch and he was in his litter tray looking uncomfortable and almost straining to go. So i took him straight down to the vet and my vet said that he has possibly eaten something that he shouldn't and poo has built up around it. His tummy is moving as normal so I've gota wait for the rest to come out, he has already had a fairly big poo. I've gota syringe feed liquid parafin twice a day for the next 2-3 days to help him pass it. Please don't critise me for not taking him sooner as he seemed fine but can i have some poo vibes please?

Errrmmmm, did the Vet not give any pain relief or fluids ? :?

Sending vibes xx

Hi Jane yeah he was given a metacam injection at the vets, no fluids as he has been drinking but i didn't think to ask :oops:. I did ask about metacam to take home but she said that the injection will last till tomorrow morning and the parafin will make it easier for him to pass and therefore wouldn't be painful. Was i right in accepting this? thanks for vibes :)

Back