• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass...?

Usually they wee in one spot. This would kill the grass. If they wee in random spots, it should be washed away and shouldn't cause a problem.

my bunnies have been free range for years and they still all wee in the same spot. usually the rain washes it deeper into the ground but it can cause a brown spot in the summer-this is easily remedied by watering it.

I did have one bunny Sooty, who always came indoors to go in her litter tray but all other bunnies go in the garden when out.
Rabbit droppings are good for the garden when scattered one here and there and usually just disappear beneath the grass and break down giving good nutrients to the grass.
If there is a little pile of rabbit droppings you need to scoop them up with a trowel so they don't attract flies. If you have a compost bin put them in there as they are excellent for it, otherwise just add them to the litter tray waste. It's a good idea to pop out and check the lawn when you have the bag of litter tray waste to see if any little piles on the lawn.
I don't pick up the odd one or two droppings as they're hard to find and do the lawn good.
sue:wave:

if you put a litter tray in the garden they might dgo in there? or an upturned cardboard box the bottom being open to the grass, with a door in?

Last edited:
Back