• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Most absorbant floor covering?

cloughie

Banned
:wave:

One of my buns is a nightmare with her toilets...pooping anywhere is not a problem really but she wee's all along the front of the playhouse to the side of the litter tray.

Currently I alternate between using a chunky rug/mat and a folded up double bed sheet to absorb the wee...neither of these work well really and come the day they are soaking :(

Anyone know of a covering I coud use that is quite absorbant an perhaps quick to dry? Has to be machine washable and ideal ok to pop in the tumbl dryer :)

Can't really use megazorb on the floor as it would just get kicked around everywhere and be a nightmare to clean up

i use puppy training pads but be careful.....some buns eat them!!!

id be lost without these and i have housebuns!! but peeing over the tray edge is a bunny and cat thing......and these pads are great...also when defrosting the little freezer:lol:

Is your bun neutered? That helps with lax toilet training. Also popping an extra litter tray in the area can encourage them to use that even if the general area they wee is bigger.

I have thought about puppy training pads but they are so expensive and probably would get chew up eventually :(

haha...the future father in law took the frigde (with a lil freezer compartment) out in the garden to defrost it...used a bloomin hammer and screwdriver though didn't he...sure enough he pierced into the pipe and got a face full of the stuff that sprays out :lol:

Yeh she was spayed nearly 3 months ago now but it hasn't changed her habbits :( will try a second tray though...which is a shame as it would take up half of the playhouse floor space what with the other tray in there...bloomin wabbits :lol:

Often once you have them using a tray you can recombine gradually with the other tray if it's just habit.

The other thing that's quite good are terry cloth baby nappies - the sort you wash and reuse. We always used to use them on our knees when cuddling bunnies (pre neutering) and they did a good just of soaking up wee. Still use them in the bottom of carriers at vet time.

Yeh she was spayed nearly 3 months ago now but it hasn't changed her habbits will try a second tray though

Having this problem also, poops are everywhere & shes weeing where the other one sleeps at night.

No suggestions but just want you to know that youre not the only one! :wave:

Try something like this?

http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk...orbent-pink-double-bed-pad-3500ml-1108ab.html

Note they hole 3500mls liquid. You can't put them in the dryer though or use fabric softner as it stops them from working, but if you had, say, 3 you could have one in use, one in the wash and one ready to go. We used them in a lot of the care homes I work in and they stand up to being washed ever day and last a couple of years.

ETA or they do disposable ones
http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk...e-3-60-x-75cm-1280ml-pack-of-35-LFBD8311.html

Try something like this?

http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk...orbent-pink-double-bed-pad-3500ml-1108ab.html

Note they hole 3500mls liquid. You can't put them in the dryer though or use fabric softner as it stops them from working, but if you had, say, 3 you could have one in use, one in the wash and one ready to go. We used them in a lot of the care homes I work in and they stand up to being washed ever day and last a couple of years.

ETA or they do disposable ones
http://www.incontinencechoice.co.uk...e-3-60-x-75cm-1280ml-pack-of-35-LFBD8311.html

Ooo now this is an idea :)...any idea what is inside them?

I have tried vet bed before but didn't find it to be very absorbant and not very machine friendly as it is hard to pick all the hay and bits off :(

Ooo now this is an idea :)...any idea what is inside them?

I have tried vet bed before but didn't find it to be very absorbant and not very machine friendly as it is hard to pick all the hay and bits off :(

It's just like a felt/foam stuff in the washable ones. I guess the manufacturer could be emailed to as if they are rabbit safe? they might be a bit :shock::shock: tho! :lol:

how about using mats with rubber backing? I have several of these down just in case of accidents. Tesco do them from £4 i think for a small one and they are machine washable. :)

how about using mats with rubber backing? I have several of these down just in case of accidents. Tesco do them from £4 i think for a small one and they are machine washable. :)

I have spent loads on various mats recently...none of them have been absorbant enough :(

Back