• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

.....Nine?!

TickTock

Alpha Buck
About a week back my rabbit Tiggi had some surpirsed babies for me. And it seems she had more than I thought at first.

I took them all out to check them all and found shes'd had NINE babies. The nineth is really weak though and I'm not sure if I should try to give it a little help with some bunny formula or just let nature take its course.

I don't have homes for any of them yet which I'm pretty worried about (even though they are only a week old. Lol I am worrier)

Pure breed Lionheads should find good homes but as of yet I've found no one interested... Save for one person who didnt have a clue about bunnies. I have 2 maybe homes but... I'm not holding out much hope.

With all this in mind should I leave that poor nineth runt baby or try to help it? (it has lived for a week...)

edit: I shall try and help this little bun (and its smaller litter mates.) but i have no clue as to what to give them if i can find goats milk :c

edit2: Went to check on said babies and tiggi was really mad at me. They all seem bright enough so maybe that baby got fed tonight? I'll be keeping a close eye on them all now

Last edited:
If baby bunny can be helped then i'd do all I can to help the bunny

Would love to see pictures, when you take some, I love baby bunnies :love:

Yeah that was what I was thinking. Its lived for a week so it should be helped if I can save it. If its still okay tomorrow i shall try and buy some goats milk and help it.

They'll all be 1 week tomorrow c: At 10/11 days I'll be taking photos as I dont wanna upset the nest. and have Tiggi glaring at me again (she doesnt like me looking xD)

I agree, poor bunny is still alive now no matter what and you should do everything possible to help him survive. :)

I shall try. We went down the road to buy some goats milk but had no luck. If i can find some goats milk tomorrow i shall try.

I dont know what else to try if I cant get any :c

Yeah that was what I was thinking. Its lived for a week so it should be helped if I can save it. If its still okay tomorrow i shall try and buy some goats milk and help it.

They'll all be 1 week tomorrow c: At 10/11 days I'll be taking photos as I dont wanna upset the nest. and have Tiggi glaring at me again (she doesnt like me looking xD)

:thumb: Good luck

Im in the same scenario as you an accidental litter of 6 possibly one home lined up mine are now 3 weeks old. if i had one weak one id do all i could even if its a possibility i have to keep them all.

Im in the same scenario as you an accidental litter of 6 possibly one home lined up mine are now 3 weeks old. if i had one weak one id do all i could even if its a possibility i have to keep them all.

The sad issue is i cant keep them all :cry: I really wish i could. I only have a small garden shed to keep them all in. Also its my grandmothers house and... her house her rules :c

I cant keep my 6 but im trying to find ways around housing etc for them in the future...
could you find foster homes for them while you advertise and rehome them?

any how need a hand let me know :)
be great to see pictures of them all

I would suggest supplementing as the last course of action.

You can try holding mum (or someone holding mum) and then someone else holding the weaker baby to a nipple and giving it an additional feed.

Another option would be to take the stronger ones out of the nest temporarily and holding her over it (keeping her there in a relaxed way with treats and fuss- if she likes fuss) to give the weaker ones a chance to feed.

My suspicion would be that the nineth one has something wrong with it, and this is causing it to be weaker.

Yes agree with the weak one having something wrong with it. But it's always worth a go...

Good luck!

I got a surprise bunch of babies from mummy hamster a few weeks ago. I thought there were 3 and decided to keep them all.... then lifted the top off the nest (when I thought mum would cope with me doing it) and found another 4 all lying side by side, same colour and bright-eyed.... like little sausages. :lol: Had 4 boys and 3 girls. I was horrified, but spent a good 3 weeks not sleeping so I could watch the little darlings, and then when it was time to split them up, the boys went to live with a friend and I have kept the girls.
I still look at them and remember the emotions I went through and the total joy these little things brought to my life..... but would NOT want to do it again in a hurry!:lol::lol:

Enjoy your babies while you have them - and take loads of pics for us!:love::love:

Back