• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biggest and Best indoor cage?

If you really want a cage then the Trixie 150; or the biggest dog crate and a pen attached to both. If the cage is just a base then I'd say Trixie 150. :wave: xx

If you really want a cage then the Trixie 150; or the biggest dog crate and a pen attached to both. If the cage is just a base then I'd say Trixie 150. :wave: xx

thank you, its just for bonding Lola & Dougal, sadly she gets so stressed in dog crates its unreal:cry: it has to be a proper cage for her :)

The ferplast is 9cm more in length than the trixie, I would like something with a big opening door rather than a little door.

I wonder where on earth I could find the ferplast 160:?

The ferplast is 9cm more in length than the trixie, I would like something with a big opening door rather than a little door.

I wonder where on earth I could find the ferplast 160:?

The Trixie door is huge trust me; will get you pictures of one of mine when I get home. It's also far more sturdy than the ferplast. Isn't the ferplast 140 140cm? the Trixie 150 is 150cm. :)

The Trixie door is huge trust me; will get you pictures of one of mine when I get home. It's also far more sturdy than the ferplast. Isn't the ferplast 140 140cm? the Trixie 150 is 150cm. :)

I have the ferplast 140 but its only 140cm which isn't big enough for two, the ferplast 160 is 159 (daft I know) but I have always used the ferplast cages, however if you can show me pictures of the trixie that would be fab.

How do the get out of the little door at the front? :wave:

I have the ferplast 140 but its only 140cm which isn't big enough for two, the ferplast 160 is 159 (daft I know) but I have always used the ferplast cages, however if you can show me pictures of the trixie that would be fab.

How do the get out of the little door at the front? :wave:

The door is much bigger than the typical savic doors; and my lot bulldoze out of them easily together - That includes Max a german lop(3.76kg) and Lolabum (2.26kg) at the same time. I'm at uni atm but will be home about 4.30 tonight; will get some pictures for you when I get in; though will have a good look through my Photobucket now to see if I have any.

xxx

The door is much bigger than the typical savic doors; and my lot bulldoze out of them easily together - That includes Max a german lop(3.76kg) and Lolabum (2.26kg) at the same time. I'm at uni atm but will be home about 4.30 tonight; will get some pictures for you when I get in; though will have a good look through my Photobucket now to see if I have any.

xxx

Thank you so much :D xxx

If its for bonding then I tend to use a puppy pen and then add and remove panels as necessary. Its open at the top (or can be) too which means you can easily access the bunnies if you need to.

For living, I prefer NIC Grid cages :)

If its for bonding then I tend to use a puppy pen and then add and remove panels as necessary. Its open at the top (or can be) too which means you can easily access the bunnies if you need to.

For living, I prefer NIC Grid cages :)

I have been thinking of the grids they would be much cheaper and I can have it to the shape and size I want.
What would I use as a base, Lola refuses to pee in a litter tray and will only eat hay in her cage these days:roll:

SDC13538.jpg

This is the only one I have, but I will get better ones tonight xx

Yep but you can remove the door or put a wooden lounging log over it ;)

ETA: my flat layout has changed significantly so I'll take some better pictures of the size and door now :wave: x

I have been thinking of the grids they would be much cheaper and I can have it to the shape and size I want.
What would I use as a base, Lola refuses to pee in a litter tray and will only eat hay in her cage these days:roll:

You could put tarpaulin on the floor, and maybe a fleece or something over the top. Then nothing seeps through.

As for the hay, that's an issue you're going to have anywhere, because she obviously can't be in her cage. How does she prefer to eat it? like from the floor? hay rack?

The only thing with this sort of cage is I would worry that as they jumped in and out their foot could get stuck :?

I have a Nero 4 with a smilar door and my dad bend the bits attaching the door so that when the door is closed, the door is secure, and when you open it, the door slips off. Works a treat.

Yep but you can remove the door or put a wooden lounging log over it ;)

Ah ok, didn't realise it could come off. We've had a few... accidents with Oscar not quite making the jump over the side of his cage :roll: Silly rabbit won't use a ramp either. He's not done it in a while though thankfully!

Back