• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do on 1st day home for rescue bunnies

:?Hi,

Im a bit nervous and excited as picking our 2 rescue bunnies tomorrow, and im not sure how to settle them in, i have converted a playhouse! should i put there carrier in there and leave them to get out and explore then go in a bit later to see how they are and let them get to know me or leave them completely alone and just take them their food in evening and check on them briefly.? Should i put them in a run over first few days or leave them in house for several days until used to new environment:shock:?
Many thanks for any suggestions

Are they indoors or outdoors at the rescue? If they are outdoors buns just open their carrier in their new living area and let them explore in their own time. If they are indoors at the rescue then they should stay inside your house until the end of April(ish) when they weather is warmer.

Oh and I would keep an eye on them but not interact too much with them for the first 24 hours, just take them some food and let them settle, then start interacting the next day

Yes let them settle in, which I am sure they will do very quickly. Good luck with them and let us see some pics of them in their new home when you get chance.

Back