• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update DOH!!

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
I will be bonding Ruby and Jay together when babies are rehomed. i am keeping a baby, im not sure if i should bond baby to mum and dad (when neutered etc...) or to get a rescue bun to have as company for baby?

any ideas what would work best for the buns?

Last edited:
If mum and dad are neutered you could bond baby with them before he/she is neutered I would have thought, so long as you get baby neutered as soon as it's developed enough.

I bonded Lilou with baby Benji and Lily_white bonded Lola with Baby Dave with no problems. The babies have just been neutered at 5 months old no problems with the bonds.

dads neutered mum will be when the babies are seperated from her..

If you want to do a trio or quad remember not to separate!

Babies can be bonded before neutering as long as the adult bun is neutered. I was told by a rescue that getting a neutered male to accept a baby female is very simple as he doesnt see her as a threat. Baby just then needs to be neutered when ready to stop territorial behaviour from ruining the bond.

If you want to do a trio or quad remember not to separate!

Babies can be bonded before neutering as long as the adult bun is neutered. I was told by a rescue that getting a neutered male to accept a baby female is very simple as he doesnt see her as a threat. Baby just then needs to be neutered when ready to stop territorial behaviour from ruining the bond.
so keep mum and baby girl together and bond neutered dad into them?

so keep mum and baby girl together and bond neutered dad into them?

yep. If you separate you them you will have to rebond later.

Or if the accomodation you have isnt suitable for a trio, as already suggested keep 2 babies.

On the other hand it is probably best that you see which ones find homes before you decide which to keep, then keep the ones noone wants. You dont need to separate female kits from mum till they are ready to go to their new home.

Back