• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Electrolytes for Rabbit: URGENT run out of Biolapis

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
We have run ouT of Biolapis and Viola Rose is looking very wobbly - suspect her electrolytes are all out of synch (end stage renal failure). Thought vet would have some but no

. any ideas of anything we can use until new lot arrives TUESDAY??? THIS IS URGENT!!!

damn - just checked and they are open till midnight every day of week except b***** Sunday when its 4pm!!!

Ack, I don't even think I have any in date, otherwise I'd offer to come and bring you some.

thank you - she is very keen on banana - and we have some Haartmans as well . She has developed a 'tilt'. Poor VR I think that despite trying Fortekor etc this is probably her last day in this world.

thank you - she is very keen on banana - and we have some Haartmans as well . She has developed a 'tilt'. Poor VR I think that despite trying Fortekor etc this is probably her last day in this world.

:cry:

Hartmanns will be great, it'll probably make her feel better for tonight xx

She seems to have re-stabilised today - was tilty last night and wobbly . But today has wolfed down two packets of the Ellas baby food and a sachet (mixed up of course) of the dioralyte.

We are very much in the 'should we PTS today or tomorrow' phase - but you know how it is with a chronic problem - one day down and then next they are up again. its so hard. How can you PTS when they come towards you and search for food etc???

I have some avipro plus. I think it's very similar.

I wish I'd seen this yesterday!:oops:

ETA: if you do need it tonight urgently then it's yours!

Last edited:
I have some avipro plus. I think it's very similar.

I wish I'd seen this yesterday!:oops:

ETA: if you do need it tonight urgently then it's yours!

Thanks Ali!! We are sticking with the Dioralyte today and hopefully VetUK should deliver the Biolapis tomorrow. If not may ring you!

Thanks Ali!! We are sticking with the Dioralyte today and hopefully VetUK should deliver the Biolapis tomorrow. If not may ring you!

I'll be heading your way in the afternoon/evening, so could drop it off then to save you a journey, if VetUK don't show up.:)

Give Viola Rose some very gentle strokes from me!

I'll be heading your way in the afternoon/evening, so could drop it off then to save you a journey, if VetUK don't show up.:)

Give Viola Rose some very gentle strokes from me!

Thats really kind - I will be in until about 4pm - then off to give a talk/lecture in Richmond, steve will be in until about 5pm I think - then off to worthing. But by then other Steve should be back from work:D

Failing that there's the letter box:lol:

Thats really kind - I will be in until about 4pm - then off to give a talk/lecture in Richmond, steve will be in until about 5pm I think - then off to worthing. But by then other Steve should be back from work:D

Failing that there's the letter box:lol:

:lol::lol: you busy things!

It'd be about 7ish, so if no one's in I can leave it on the doorstep.

Back