• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

whats signs bunny has lice

jill

Warren Scout
i got an email saying get your bunnys treated as the one i gave them had lice
then she emails saying they think he had lice eh what are signs of lice

Last edited:
lice or mites? lice are usually people referring to fleas and crawly bits you can see, but mites you dont see you see the symptoms such as flakey skin. if was fleas you would see black dots (flea poo which will turn red on tissue and water) also the lice can come from hay so i would change any bedding fully and buy fresh stuff to prevent reinfection after treatment, i guess it depends on what the bunny does have

i dont no she said the vet said the rabbit was covered in lice then a later message said may have had lice il take them to vets see if any have any

Lice are completely different from mites and fleas. Lice run up and down their fur. They are easiest to see on a white rabbit and look like tiny red flecks. If you watch carefully you can see them moving. You really need keen eyes to see them thoguh.

I warn you, they are a ****** to get rid of.

Back