• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Ice Lollies

Has anyone made any of these before?:wave:

I was thinking of crushed strawberry or raspberry home made ice lollies just too keep the buns cool in the summer, I know they like crushed ice cubes :D

I have. I used diluted apple juice and put things in it. Some bunnies loved them, others didn't. I only used them in super hot weather though.

I have. I used diluted apple juice and put things in it. Some bunnies loved them, others didn't. I only used them in super hot weather though.

Oww fab, would that be sugar free diluted juice?
I suppose they could have all different flavours then:D:wave:

I was naughty and used regular apple juice. They can have anything rabbit safe, but obviously you need to know its ok wth each individual tummy, which I did.

I would much sooner use pure juice than squash, especially sugar free stuff which is full of weird additives. I can't drink it myself as it makes me wheexy so who knows what it'd do to rabbits.

Freshly squeezed juice, or 'infusions' are far superior to any juice you can buy (and I would never consider giving squash).

oooh I just thought, for buns with more sensitive tums you could do herbs whizzed up with water in the blender then frozen.

I wouldn't give my bunnies anything icy I don;t think it does their tummies any good :?

I don't put ice cubes in their water in hot weather and I don't let them eat snow in winter either

Back