• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've reserved some rabbits

Alicia

Mama Doe
I went to a rabbit rescue today and had a look round. They were all very cute and they all had food names :lol: I really thought that when I saw the rabbits that were going to live with me, I'd know it, but when we were about half way round looking at them, none of them really seemed like the rabbits for me (they were all really great rabbits but I just thought I'd know when a rabbit was going to be living with me) and then we walked towards another pen and there were 5 rabbits in there, 4 of them were black, and one of them was brown. They were all jumping up at the pen and they were all standing on the brown one who looked like he was smiling :lol: I went and sat with them and the lady told me that there were 3 of the black rabbits were girls, and 1 of the black rabbits, and the brown rabbit were boys. I know that a male/female pairing is best so I've reserved the brown boy and one of the black females. At the moment the ones I'm getting are called Robinson and Fanta but I'm going to change that. I'm so excited, and my Mum really liked them too :D
This is the photo of them on the website:
http://www.crrc.co.uk/news/wp-conte...nson-fanta-kiora-orangina-tango-13-Jan-11.jpg

I'm so excited, they are lovely, and so friendly, they were all hopping around me when I was sitting with them. The rescue lady was really nice and told me and my Mum loads of things about rabbits and told Mum that the hutch and run I want to get will be the best one to get, so Mum has finally agreed to let me get it. They only have rabbits on reserve for a maximum of 3 weeks so within the next 3 weeks I should have the rabbits :D
I've thought of a few names though I'm not sure, so any suggestions are welcome. The poor little things were dumped in the woods :(

Last edited:
Yay on all fronts lol. Glad your mum went with you is ok with it all and YAY at reserving the bunnies! :wave: xx

Black up-eared bunnies are rather special..... ;)

They sound lovely!! :love:

Toby and Tabitha
Maisie and Barnaby
Willow and Rupert
Baxter and Bramble
Echo and Sky
Daisy and Clover
Estelle and Ambrose
Flora and Fred
Benjamin and Pansy
Blue and Marigold
Conker and Acorn
Guinness and Champagne
Humphrey and Harriett
Percy and Penelope
Ash and Hazel............seems rather appropriate as they were found in the woods.
Willow and Hazel

:wave: congratulations, really glad your mum is now on board once and for all :) lots more photos needed ;)

awww yey!! :D omg I am so so happy for you. :) They are gorgeous :love: It's great that you are getting an all black bun and an all brown because those are the buns that often get overlooked. :shock: :cry: I don't understand why because they are stunning!!!! :D

I'm so excited :D :D :D I've thought of a few names, what do you think?

For the brown male:
Rocky
Baxter
Dexter
Freddie
Sam
Alfie
Archie
Dylan

For the black female:
Sophie
Ellie
Annie
Indie (Indiana Jones - I know it's male but I know someone with a female dog named Indie and I think the name could fit :) )

Great news, glad everything seems to be falling into place for you and that you have taken your time to fully research what is required for keeping 2 healthy bunnies.

As for names, I think Mrs Bunnykins' idea of relating them back to the woods where they were found would be good.

How about Ebony (black wood) for the girl and Nutmeg for the boy? :D

Have fun :wave:

Back