• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

willow/bamboo screening

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
is it safe to use? thinking of getting some to put round our wall. the wall curves so i need something that will shape round it.

just knowing these bunnies, they will chew it! :roll:

:wave:

We have something like that around our decking... and the buns have chewed several round holes in it, because they are too lazy to go around :roll: :lol::lol:

It hasnt harmed them.

oo im doing this too :D saves me writing a new thread :lol: good to know its safe as poppy eats everything :roll:

The split bamboo stuff is horrid, you get splinters just looking at it :lol:

everythings chewed so least they won't look out of place! :lol:

have put pics of the garden on my other thread 'does anyone have aviary panels....' if anyone can offer any advice about putting an aviary up. :wave:

Hi, I am having an aviary built for me next weekend, the guy who's doing it is charging 120 quid, he will assemble it stain it etc, I think its a really good price, I am in the manchester area. The aviary will be 7 foot x 3 foot with a felted roof. I was trying to get aviary panels in manchester area without any luck, but to be honest it would have cost me the same if not more to do it myself!

Hi, I am having an aviary built for me next weekend, the guy who's doing it is charging 120 quid, he will assemble it stain it etc, I think its a really good price, I am in the manchester area. The aviary will be 7 foot x 3 foot with a felted roof. I was trying to get aviary panels in manchester area without any luck, but to be honest it would have cost me the same if not more to do it myself!

that's a good price. :D

can we have pics when it's done! :D

i was going to get the panels from west hagley aviaries. they deliver within 100 miles and we are 103 miles away!! :roll: but will ask anyway if we do decide to go ahead with an aviary. it will be big though to cover most of the garden, so we aren't sure yet. think i worked out last year it would need to be about 10 x 12ft!

you can get different sorts of screening what suits one might not suit another, from bamboo, willow, brushwood, reed, fern, rush straw, i think bunnies would chew at any of them though given the chance, unless you put something like wire around the bottom part

Yes I will post pics when it is finished I can't wait for next weekend! I phoned west hagley aviaries last week and the guy said it wouldn't be worth it to deliver the panels, but having said that you will need more panels than I need so give him a try, his prices are good.:wave:

that's a good price. :D

can we have pics when it's done! :D

i was going to get the panels from west hagley aviaries. they deliver within 100 miles and we are 103 miles away!! :roll: but will ask anyway if we do decide to go ahead with an aviary. it will be big though to cover most of the garden, so we aren't sure yet. think i worked out last year it would need to be about 10 x 12ft!

They may well do - they are lovely people! :D xx

My panels are from there - I think they've done panels for a fair few RU'ers.

Just to add, my aviary will be attached to a 7 foot x 5 foot shed and I will have a cat flap attached from the shed to the aviary so they can access it all day.

We got the 'thick' version of Brushwood screening from (( Here )) - it's great stuff and far better quality than versions of this I've seen in shops and garden centres. Service was excellent and the screening's been up 3 years now and is ok. Will probably replace it this winter but it's lasted really well. :)

I've got some of the reed screening but it's only been up about 18mths and is falling apart. :roll: It was fairly cheap though (from Wilkos) so I don't know if it's just a case of getting what you pay for, or if the reed one isn't very hardwearing. :?

Back