• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

C&C condos - I have a Q ?

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
let me see your condos :D,

on a more serious note I am think of making my 6 a C&C condo so I can make it as big as I please with as many levels as I please :D,

BUT .. I have seen what looks like plastic cardboard stuff used as the floor/low wall thing to stop spillage .. now what is this & where can I get some :oops:?

The stuff is called correx, and from what I can tell it is a pain to get hold of in the UK! I was looking for some grids and connectors for the piggies and they have gone well up in price and B&Q have stopped selling them I think.

Sorry I'm not much help! xxx

The stuff is called correx, and from what I can tell it is a pain to get hold of in the UK! I was looking for some grids and connectors for the piggies and they have gone well up in price and B&Q have stopped selling them I think.

Sorry I'm not much help! xxx

ohh hold on I have a link for the grids ..

in PINK !
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Interlocking-...Crockery_RL&hash=item4aa4b6094d#ht_1617wt_907

& WHITE
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/INTERLOCKING-...torage&var=&hash=item9503575d91#ht_2502wt_250

I got three huge sheets of correx on ebay.

Here's mine, still a work in progress, I need more panels to complete it..it extends the length of the room. I intend to put another level at the other end.

They also have the run of the hallway when we are home

3f6e8457.jpg

Those ones are plastic, not sure if they'd be very sturdy and may be a bit hot in summer?

hmm, I already have 5 boxes of the 4 cube packs, but they are all in use for my other groups :oops::lol:, & I though yayy these ones are cheaper, but never noticed they were plastic :(

hmm, I already have 5 boxes of the 4 cube packs, but they are all in use for my other groups :oops::lol:, & I though yayy these ones are cheaper, but never noticed they were plastic :(

Yeah I only know because I looked at them before and wondered why they were so cheap :roll: :lol:

Can I just ask Colyflower, in the first and last pic, what is the edging you have around the bottom of the grids? And are they carpet tiles on the 2nd level? Just about to build a home for my guineas and your set up for the buns looks great:)

I may be able to help! wahooooo!:wave:

ok - Im talking about these ones.....so not the small mesh ones - but the larger ones....
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...ubes&fh_eds=ß&fh_refview=search&isSearch=true

Ok - I called about as online - they all say they out of stock - this is with B&Q.
I was told to call a Warehouse store...which I did - they didnt have any but did say Luton had some.
I called them - they dont have any BUT have ordered some to arrive on date 17-22 March.
They said call back then OR you can pop into the store and pay for them - then when the stock arrives they put your order aside and will call you to pick it up. They do have a delivery service but it is charged and does have a certain distance it covers.
If you go into the warehouse to pay - you will get a number for pay reference.

Store Address:
Laporte Retail Park
Dallow Road
Luton
BEDFORDSHIRE
LU1 1HJ
Tel:01582 402300

Fax:01582 816110

Store type: B&Q Warehouse

This is where I contacted....^^

Hope this helps....now dont all go mad!:lol::lol::lol:

I just made the trek to Luton, and bought the last 3 boxes they had on Saturday. They do supposedly still have stock at the Milton Keynes store tho. I didn't have the option come up to ship these tho for some reason.

I just made the trek to Luton, and bought the last 3 boxes they had on Saturday. They do supposedly still have stock at the Milton Keynes store tho. I didn't have the option come up to ship these tho for some reason.

:lol::lol::lol::no: You naughty naughty!:lol::lol::lol:
Thats great to know -thanks- they supposed to be getting more in this week then...and good about Milton Keynes too!:D

Can I ask - are these cubes VERY sturdy?

Ive just looked at how some of you have them & some overhang without much support...?

Would they hold a litter tray on a shelf do you think? or would it all collapse!:roll::lol:

Can I ask - are these cubes VERY sturdy?

Ive just looked at how some of you have them & some overhang without much support...?

Would they hold a litter tray on a shelf do you think? or would it all collapse!:roll::lol:

The grids themselves are metal and pretty much indestructable. The reason they bow is because of how they are connected. Cable ties dont seem to keep them rigid. You can use the connectors they came with, but I find them difficult when connecting anything but actual cubes, they are not really designed for bunny houses!

You can solve the problem by using wooden supports under shelves.

eta- they dont 'collapse', they more bow.
I'll get a pic

Back