• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for the new play area!?

Stace

New Kit
Guys,

I've just built the rabbits a new play area. It is 6' x 4' x 4'. I have used a very heavy wire mesh and have put a polycarbonite roof on it.

I plan to attach it to their hutch (chicken coop) so they have plenty of room to play in the fresh air.

As I've made it 4' high, I'm going to build an extra floor so they have more space.

I'm also going to build some tunnels into the underside of that space. What size should I build the tunnels? I'm really not sure how small a space a rabbit can fit into??

Thanks in advance :D

Last edited:
That sounds great!

Tunnel size really depends on your bunny size, a 6-8" tunnel will fit most average bunnies. They do like to stretch out in them though so if you go a little bigger there is room for flopping over. If you've got muliple bunnies it's worth considering passing spots if it's a long tunnel too ;)

Watch out for digging if it's on grass as they may decide to put their own tunnels in and turn them into escape routes.

Back