• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My piggies

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
:wave: Thought I'd take some pics while I had my three piggies out today :)

Billie spent most of her time this afternoon lied in a spot of sun!

guinpic1.jpg

Billie

guinpic2.jpg

guinpic3.jpg

Tillie wouldn't stay still for pics as usual!

guinpic4.jpg

Pretty Agnes

guinpic5.jpg

guinpic6.jpg

:love:

Very pretty girlies. :love: Why do piggies tend to live with the same sex, unlike bunnies. I don't know anything about piggies, although I've heard they wee a lot!

Thankyou Susie :) I don't know to be honest, piggies aren't as complicated as buns! :lol: My three are sisters and are four this year and have always got along great. They do wee and poo a lot! :lol:

aww :love: Love how you have a Billie and a Tillie :lol: :love:

:lol: Billie was my sisters so she named her but then she 'grew out' of her so she became mine. Agnes is named after the place called Burton Agnes where I used to go when I was little and they had lots of guinea pigs there :lol:

Very pretty girlies. :love: Why do piggies tend to live with the same sex, unlike bunnies. I don't know anything about piggies, although I've heard they wee a lot!

Because they are quite easy to keep bonded if they are litter mates, exceptionally easy going in that sense compared to other animals.
However when they are not litter mates, the best pairing for no squabbles is female and neutered male still, as the male automatically takes the boss role, and the female most the time does not challenge this.
The general rule is males are harder to bond together. Females I find easy enough, but they dont have a obvious boss like a female/neutered male role and so can fight for this. Especially if they are together in their teenage/hormonal stages (usually between 6 months - a year) and fallings out can happen then.

Gorgeous pigs, love the pics x

Aww, what lovely girlies. :love:

Agnes looks a bit like my cat - I mean colouring-wise of course. :lol:

Thanks :) Just taken them their veg, you can hear them squeaking from in their shed down the garden! :love:

Back