• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lonely bun or wanting Mummy's attention?

VickyC83

Mama Doe
I'd really like your opinions :)

Over the past few months I've noticed Bunzle has become more open to snuggling up. He went through a stage before he was neutered where he'd charge and bite if I tried to snuggle him or pick him up. I started laying on the floor with him, and only picked him up to check he was clean and check his teeth etc, as I wanted to earn his trust in me.

Now, whenever I lay on the floor he comes up and puts his head under or next to mine, and puts his nose right up to mine and snuggles into me. He'd stay there for hours if he could. I've also noticed if I put my hand down on the floor he comes and nudges it up to put his head under it.

He only does this with me. I've also got hm a teddy for his play pen, which he doesn't try to snuggle upto or groom.

Do you think he's craving a bunny friend, or just enjoying my attention?

He's an indoor bunny if that helps :)

Aww sounds like he's loving your attention, but he'd probably like a friend too :)

I agree.

Sounds like he is enjoying having your attention :love:
But all buns should have a chance at having a bunny friend, and i think he would love a bunny friend too! :love: Then you could have a double snuggle ;)

:)

It's affording to get another one at the mo - cos I'd need to get a bigger cage etc. He is by no means lonely, as soon as I get in from work he has attention til bed time. Definitely going to look to get another one to keep him company when I'm sure I can afford it.

It's affording to get another one at the mo - cos I'd need to get a bigger cage etc. He is by no means lonely, as soon as I get in from work he has attention til bed time. Definitely going to look to get another one to keep him company when I'm sure I can afford it.

Of course, you must be able to afford another pet before bringing them home :)
He is a very lucky bun to get lots of attention from you :love:

That's really sensible :) no point stretching yourself too far. I'm sure he'll carry on loving your company until you are ready to get him a friend

Thanks guys :)

I start anew job in a couple of months which is a grade higher so money will be better. I'd never bring another bun home without being comfortable and knowing I have the means to give it everything it needs.

:wave: sounds like he really loves you hun :) my bella is the same, she follows my feet around all the time and the minute i sit on the sofa she jumps up and gets comfy on my lap. she could stay like that for hours if i let her, jasper on the other hand is that blur you might see out of the corner of your eye.... doesnt stay still for a second :roll:

x

:wave: sounds like he really loves you hun :) my bella is the same, she follows my feet around all the time and the minute i sit on the sofa she jumps up and gets comfy on my lap. she could stay like that for hours if i let her, jasper on the other hand is that blur you might see out of the corner of your eye.... doesnt stay still for a second :roll:

x

Aww, Bunzle was like Jasper. I think he's getting more content as he gets older. We also think he has sight problems too, so it's taken a lot of time and attention to get him comfy and confident with us.

I love all the snuggles, although he still isn't keen on being picked up that much. I know I'm lucky in the fact he loves a snuggle, but I hate the thought of him being unhappy:(

Back