• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about pair relationships

....well?

• stayed the same

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • changed

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I have had several re-bondings and it varies

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
For those of you who've lost one member of a pair, and subsequently got another companion for the surviving rabbit:

Did the surviving rabbit retain its former rank, with its new companion?

That is - if it was dominant in its first pairing, did it remain dominant in the second, and vice versa.

Just interested because Apache was submissive when paired with Sorrel but very much dominant over Skye.

Oh come on - we can have a 14 page argument about grammar but only 5 people can take a few seconds to answer a genuine rabbit behaviour qustion?

I don't have an answer really because I tend to have trios. Roger is the only one who got a new wifey after losing his two previous ones and their relationship is not clear who is boss, same as with the other two.

stayed the same :wave: rosie was always the top bun around here :lol:

not sure whose top bun with my locksley and mabel though, they both seem to be the same :lol:

Although mine arent pairs... When Toffee was with Harvey he was top bun...
Now he is bottom bun :(

So it does change, depending on the bunnies involved in the bonding :)

I honestly couldn't tell you who is the boss in either of my pairs - they genuinely seem to be on an equal footing with no particular behaviour one way or the other...so I can't really answer your question! Dudley and Mavis do have a totally different relationship to Dudley and Santa, but it's much more to do with their personalities than their hierarchy :)

Back