• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bitter spray

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
right so I got bitter spray to stop my little madam yuri from chewing wires and going in the areas she is not supposed to.

I dont know about yuri but I am certainly repelled my god that stuff it potent!!!

right so I got bitter spray to stop my little madam yuri from chewing wires and going in the areas she is not supposed to.

I dont know about yuri but I am certainly repelled my god that stuff it potent!!!

Well you learn something new on here everyday, I didn't even know you could get a bitter spray. Where do you get it from ? Does is work ? :wave:

When we first had Lucky, we had chewing problems and i was advised to not use them as they are quite sensitive and that using these as deterrents is cruel. I was advised to block off the area instead. :)

My friend used it with some good results I think. But her rabbit just dug under the shed instead and chewed through the mains wire to their house. How she didn't kill herself I'll never know. Pretty scary. (And off topic, sorry)

When we first had Lucky, we had chewing problems and i was advised to not use them as they are quite sensitive and that using these as deterrents is cruel. I was advised to block off the area instead. :)

no matter how much we block she gets behind and we cant do anything permanent because we live in rented accomodation.

I believe being a little cruel is better than having a injured rabbit who bit through a cable or hurt itself in an area it shouldn't be in

but I honestly dont think the spray is cruel

no matter how much we block she gets behind and we cant do anything permanent because we live in rented accomodation.

I believe being a little cruel is better than having a injured rabbit who bit through a cable or hurt itself in an area it shouldn't be in

Then you need to securely block it off - people manage to do this in rented accommodation. :) Being a 'little cruel' really isnt a good thing.

ETA: i will try to find the posts about it to give you more info.

does anyone else think bitter spray is cruel I have never heard that before and I know people who are very cautious with bunny products who have been using it for years my vet even advised it for house buns

I don't think its kind you can make it safer without using a spray, its called bunny proofing:roll:

If its wires that she is chewing cover them, carpet cover with sample carpet, wallpaper cover with cardboard, its not hard.

NIC Panels / Carpet Squares / Puppy Pen Panels :wave:

I have a Puppy Pen around my TV to stop the buns getting there - works perfectly and doesnt look particularly ugly.

P1040175Small.jpg

:wave:

Back