• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When are you planning to put your bunnies back outside?

Bitzy

Mama Doe
I brought Dizzi n Rascal in for the winter and am not sure when to put them back out. Obviously it depends on temperature, but those of you who have brought buns in for the winter before, what month have they generally gone back outside??

I was thinking (weather permitting) around mid-late April/May time ..... does that sound about right??

We're currently updating the aviary setup and want to make sure its totally finished in time so was just after a vague idea of timings really! :)

Thaaaaanks x

Im not!! The outdoor bunnies are already outdoors, and the Nethies are in my bedroom to stay!!! If they get sessions outside, it wont be till at least April/early May.
I put Lily out too early last year.Almost fatal:(

This week, it's getting to hot in the conservatory. My vet has said they will be okay to go back out, but they havent been inside the actual house :)

Im not!! The outdoor bunnies are already outdoors, and the Nethies are in my bedroom to stay!!! If they get sessions outside, it wont be till at least April/early May.
I put Lily out too early last year.Almost fatal:(

I wish I could keep mine inside permanently but ultimately that would just be for my benefit, not theirs ..... I know a lot of bunnies love it indoors but my two abslutely love it outside. I got sooo paranoid about the cold in winter though that I just had to bring them in!

Oh bless Lily, when did you put her out?

This week, it's getting to hot in the conservatory. My vet has said they will be okay to go back out, but they havent been inside the actual house :)

Aahh see mine have been in a heated bedroom ..... we tried to turn the radiator off in that room but the whole heating system threw a wobbly so we had to put it back on!

Is your conservatory heated?

Aahh see mine have been in a heated bedroom ..... we tried to turn the radiator off in that room but the whole heating system threw a wobbly so we had to put it back on!

Is your conservatory heated?

No not at all, Ive got the celing fan on to keep the room cool though :) I could of put the under floor heating on but I wanted them to go out asap. They both prefer being outdoors :D

Mine will likely end up staying inside too. :lol: So, er, I'm not.

Last year I put Sandy out mid April when it was mild and had been for a while, and then we got a cold snap. she was fine, but I wished I had waited longer.

Mine are already outside, but i think around April/May is the best time :) The nights should be warmed up by then, i hope!

Though it does depend on the weather... the nights might get warmer before then and thats when you could possibly put them back outside :)

same here, I go through the same dilema every year:lol: Doesn't help cus I am allergic to them and because we had such a cold spell in December they have been indoors in my spare bedroom/office since then and I have been living on Benedryl. Was hoping the nights would get a little warmer in the next week or two but looking at the outlook it's going cold again grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr damn unpredicable weather

My buns are going outside... today :p Hopefully they'll be alright, touch wood they're used to it and if it looks like there's going to be a frost they have a hutch cover to keep warm :)

Don't slate me for this .... But I put mine outside about a week ago. It's quite warm here, and they prefer it outside. I put a snuggle safe in every night, and they have a big 'snug box'

I would wait till at least mid April, probably a little later. The temperature still drops quite low at this time of the year - I've gone out to school a couple of mornings last week and it's been zero degrees still at 8.30 am. Brrrrrrrr!

Don't slate me for this .... But I put mine outside about a week ago. It's quite warm here, and they prefer it outside. I put a snuggle safe in every night, and they have a big 'snug box'

Its been alright here hasnt it :wave: Im going to stuff the "bedroom" of my hutch with straw so they can go in there if they want. They are clever beings :)

Its been alright here hasnt it :wave: Im going to stuff the "bedroom" of my hutch with straw so they can go in there if they want. They are clever beings :)

Yep, a couple of nights ago there was a frost, but tbh, they were fine. Stayed in the warm spots! :shock:

I would wait till at least mid April, probably a little later. The temperature still drops quite low at this time of the year - I've gone out to school a couple of mornings last week and it's been zero degrees still at 8.30 am. Brrrrrrrr!

I agree. I wouldn't put mine back out permanently until the night time temps are consistently above 8 degrees

Back