• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pine cones

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Am I supposed to do something to these before I give them to Trip and Scar? :oops: I usually just buy them, but my sister has them falling of a tree in her garden apparently so she is bringing me round a bag of them :thumb:

I feel like I have read somewhere that if your getting them yourself you need to do something to them before they are ok for bunnies to play with, but I can't remember what and I can't find anything about it now :?

Hmm...never thought of giving bunnies pine cones. Guineas seem to love them though, they make a beeline for them when one lands in their run!

I usually collect a batch, boil them in case they're contaminated by something, then dry them out in the oven so they don't get mouldy.

I don't know if that's OTT but it certainly doesn't seem to do them any harm.

I've always given mine their pine cones as they come - straight from the tree. Has never done them any harm so far :D

Back