• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can anyone offer any of these buns a home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Hey I was checking rabbit rescue websites.
And I clicked the tab for animals needing homes and most of the buns are 1 year olds and under. It must be very sad for the lady that runs the rescue in Greenwich.
Many of the rabbits I've seen before are still on the website ? :(
For example Daisy I saw her before Christmas on the site.
The link:
http://www.greenwichrabbitrescue.com/rabbitsthatneedhomes.htm

Hey I was checking rabbit rescue websites.
And I clicked the tab for animals needing homes and most of the buns are 1 year olds and under. It must be very sad for the lady that runs the rescue in Greenwich.
Many of the rabbits I've seen before are still on the website ? :(
For example Daisy I saw her before Christmas on the site.
The link:
http://www.greenwichrabbitrescue.com/rabbitsthatneedhomes.htm

Sadly many Rescues are in exactly the same position but not many of them also Breed Rabbits alongside running their Rescue. IMO the two contradict each other.

i can't see the bit about breeding, but they are selling an indoor cage that isn't appropriate in the slightest.
it would work as a base for a free range bun, but that's it. no mention of the size of the cage there or that is isn't suitable.

does anyone know why the rabbits are all different prices?

This thread is not going to end well.

But yes, rescues across the country are struggling hugely. In ours most of the rabbits have been there for between 6-17 months, and most at the upper end. The recession has a lot to answer for.

With regards to the prices, the lady who runs a rescue local to me adopts them out at different prices, and she said its due to how much medical attention they need and therefore how much she spends on them.

i can't see the bit about breeding, but they are selling an indoor cage that isn't appropriate in the slightest.
it would work as a base for a free range bun, but that's it. no mention of the size of the cage there or that is isn't suitable.

does anyone know why the rabbits are all different prices?

I think it is because, the buns that are neutered and have had their jabs are priced higher. Her normal price is £35
I think the rabbits should be free .. the £35 should be for the jabs or neuter.

:shock: Harry looks like my Islay! Spitting image! :love:

But no, I don't agree with her breeding alongside rescuing. Pointless, when I am sure the rescue would me more worthwhile.

I think it is because, the buns that are neutered and have had their jabs are priced higher. Her normal price is £35

Why should buns be free, if this is her rescue donation. Even though they aren't neutered or vaccinated they have still cost money to house, feed, collect and deliver. I can assure you that neutering and vaccinating cost an awful lot more than £35.

If it is for rabbits she has bred, well people generally breed to make money or at least break even.

When we fostered for another rescue we had buns for over 2 years, when we stopped fostering we kept them- nobody else wanted them!:(

But yes, rescues across the country are struggling hugely. In ours most of the rabbits have been there for between 6-17 months, and most at the upper end. The recession has a lot to answer for.

With regards to the prices, the lady who runs a rescue local to me adopts them out at different prices, and she said its due to how much medical attention they need and therefore how much she spends on them.

ah fair enough :)
i had never seen that before, im new to looking at rescue stuff though, i though they all just had a flat adoption fee, shows what i know ;)

Having looked at her profile, she last signed in in February, so she is still about.

That interview was interesting.

so she is a rescue that doesn't neuter and vacs all rabbits? only some? :shock::shock:

Nancy and my new rescued bunny are from Greenwich Rabbit Rescue.

Val is lovely and has always been there for me for great rabbit advice and a shoulder to cry on for over 3 years.

The bunnies she breeds are her own pedigree bunnies, not up for rescue.

I don't like confrontation or any agruing so I will leave it at that.

Nancy and my new rescued bunny are from Greenwich Rabbit Rescue.

Val is lovely and has always been there for me for great rabbit advice and a shoulder to cry on for over 3 years.

The bunnies she breeds are her own pedigree bunnies, not up for rescue.

I don't like confrontation or any agruing so I will leave it at that.

i don't doubt that she is lovely, i am reading the interview now and think that she seems really nice.

but for me, in my personal opinion - if you are running a rescue, you KNOW how many animals are in need of a home. you KNOW because it is YOU who is trying to help ifix the problem.

so for me, someone who is rescuing shouldn't also be breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back