• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Be careful what you wish for..../ UD post 47

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(:(

I am regretting the day we said we wanted to cut down our numbers :cry:

As if loosing 3 rabbits and a piggy in 9 days isn't enough. I have woken up to 2 more very poorly bunnies today. I honestly can;t believe it :(

Robin, who has never had a days illness in his life is in stasis. he is showing all the same signs that his brother reubin displayed when he had to be pts in January :( I was told then that Reubins problem could be genetic, so now I am really scared.

Also Revel our 10.5 year old has had really wobbly legs for the past few weeks and today his back end has almost completely gone. I don't think he will be with us for much longer :(

I know we wanted to cut down and I know the only way we could do that is to loose bunnies but not like this, not so close together. it is a nightmare :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss, it must be terrible what you are going through. I remember back in 2009 we made the decision to put our ill cat to sleep, just a month later or parrot fell ill and there was nothing more we could do for him.

Stay strong, I am sure you are doing the absolute best you can for you pets.

Oh Liz, so sorry to hear you have more poorly buns :( especially little revel :(
Hope they all show some improvement xx

Revel is a right old man now. All he does is sleep he doesn;t even wake up for food. I have to give a few nudges to let him know to wake up and eat :love:

I'm so sorry. Sending best wishes for the poorly buns and wishing them a speedy recovery. x

What a horribly horrendous time you're having right now.

I hope things are not as bad as you fear they might be.

I hope Robin will improve quickly and his condition isn't genetic. Revel sounds like such a lovely bunny :love:, I hope he will be with you a while longer.

I really hope Revel and Robin recover very quickly. What a terrible time time for you and your bunnies. Thinking of you and the bunnies. xx

Aw, not Revel and Robin :cry:

Sending lots of comfort vibes for them both.

I know Revel has had a long an happy life, but it's still so sad to think that he can't goon for ever.

And poor Robin too :(

Aww so sorry you're having a bad time of it Liz. Hope that Robin recovers and that Revel is with you for a bit longer (but it sounds like he's had a great innings with you- that is some age for a bunny!). ((HUGS)) x x

I'm so sorry about what you have been through :( Sending lots of hugs to you and vibes for the boys xxxxxx

Oh so sorry you're having such an awful time just now. Sending lots of vibes and hugs for both you and the bunnies xx

It must be so tough for you and Steve but just try to remember the happiness that you give to all those poorly and elderly bunnies. Even if they only get a few days of kindness, it's more than they ever had elsewhere. Big hugs xx

:cry::cry: I'm so sorry Liz.

Revel is a very special old man and it's so sad to think that his age is starting to take its toll. :(

Is Robin easily stressed by human contact like his brother was too? That must make helping him all the more difficult. :(

Thinking of you and both boys. xx

Back