• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's Just Not Fair.

kstevens7

Young Bun
People abuse their rabbits for years. They live in tiny cages surrounded by their own filth with minimal food and water or at least not even close to the correct diet. They are un-neutered and have no company. Yet they seem to live for 5 years plus.

So WHY is it that when I get a rabbit and I put absolutely EVERYTHING into it, money, time, love, attention, company that she gets sick with everything? Last week we had stasis - 100 and whatever pounds that went into that, and this week, and I'm sure BECAUSE of that stasis and the stress and vet trips that followed it, we now have what I'm fairly sure is e. cuniculi? Head tilt, falling over, looking helpless and whatever. This isn't FAIR. I can't afford this and I certainly can't just let her deal with it and look helpless. I'm totally lost on what to do and it's really getting me down now.

I'm 500 pounds overdrawn, have a load of university coursework due, missed my last week because of Riley, and am having basically countless problems in every aspect. To top it all off, I am STILL without a rabbit savvy vet in London, despite having tried three, and getting Riley anywhere is absolute HELL on public transport. I'm losing the will. I just want to scream.

Oh love.I understand your vent and your frustration.Where in London are you?? Can you put up a thread on here asking for a bunny savvy vet in so and so area????
Have you got treatment for the E.C and cleaning the hutch etc etc??
Hope your bun gets well soon.
Its all luck of the drawer,and believe me, there is a light at the end of the tunnel....it just takes time!!
We are all skint...I wish I could win the lottery every day!!
Hang on in there.xxxxxxxxxxx

Where abouts in London are you? I can recommend a London vet if you want. I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. Your bunny needs important vet treatment if he/she is going through EC/head tilt. My bunny had this and recovered but after 3 months intensive treatment.

People abuse their rabbits for years. They live in tiny cages surrounded by their own filth with minimal food and water or at least not even close to the correct diet. They are un-neutered and have no company. Yet they seem to live for 5 years plus.

So WHY is it that when I get a rabbit and I put absolutely EVERYTHING into it, money, time, love, attention, company that she gets sick with everything? Last week we had stasis - 100 and whatever pounds that went into that, and this week, and I'm sure BECAUSE of that stasis and the stress and vet trips that followed it, we now have what I'm fairly sure is e. cuniculi? Head tilt, falling over, looking helpless and whatever. This isn't FAIR. I can't afford this and I certainly can't just let her deal with it and look helpless. I'm totally lost on what to do and it's really getting me down now.

I'm 500 pounds overdrawn, have a load of university coursework due, missed my last week because of Riley, and am having basically countless problems in every aspect. To top it all off, I am STILL without a rabbit savvy vet in London, despite having tried three, and getting Riley anywhere is absolute HELL on public transport. I'm losing the will. I just want to scream.

I know, its not fair. Can you get a friend to drive you to the vet? Bribe them with cake and offer to cook them dinner.

I am a student too, and just looking at this from that perspective - you still have around £750 left of overdraft you can get.

The situation isnt going to change just yet, so try and look at it in the best way you can :)

Sadly this is what happens. Bunnies cost money when they are ill. I am also broke. Its not fair, only the better life we can give them.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Yeah, I'm going to have to bribe a friend - I only know of two people here who can drive as everyone just relies on buses as they're so good.

I'm in North London - Angel, Islington to be exact. Anything around there?

3 months intensive treatment sounds like fun :? ****. Cannot wait until I'm actually earning money. I've already ordered some lapizole (two boxes) so we're on our way. Just need the okay from a vet. She had her ears checked by the vet last week and he said everything seemed fine. Don't know why he didn't do a blood test. Should have demanded one.

Still, you're right. There is technically £750 pounds of overdraft left - just means a LOT of working in the summer. Guess I'm going to have to start looking at it from that perspective but right now I want to sulk. :( I just want to see her happy again.

Sometimes we need a rant and sulk. Dont know North London for vets other than a visit. Good luck and let us know how your bunny gets on. :wave:

Could you get a part-time job in a large chain? That way you could work low hours now but you'll have a job for summer too, and you'll probably be able to increase your hours then.

I work 4 hours a week in Currys, but I know come holidays I will be asked to work 30 hours a week some weeks.

EC/head tilt

Hi

Did your bunny have a full recovery?

I got one Lion head bread and his got EC/head tilt, it is very distressful seeing him like that, he is on treatment but it doesn’t look good at all? What you advise me to do?
Does his head will go back to normal after the treatment?

Where abouts in London are you? I can recommend a London vet if you want. I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. Your bunny needs important vet treatment if he/she is going through EC/head tilt. My bunny had this and recovered but after 3 months intensive treatment.

Back