• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have I got everything I need?

Alicia

Mama Doe
I never realized just how much stuff rabbits need :lol: So far I have: a food bowl, water bottle, loads of toys, and a plastic dog bed. I was going to get the hay and the food (Wagg Optimum - is this a good food to feed?) the day before I get them. My Mum has said we can buy the hutch tomorrow night after I've been to the rescue because she just wants to check with the rescue that the hutch I'm going to get is ok. It will be a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch. I've also got a litter tray. I've got a run too, but as I explained on the other thread it is not quite big enough and the rabbits will be exercising both indoors in an unheated room and in the slightly smaller run during the day, until I can get them a bigger run in a few weeks time. Have I missed anything?

I never realized just how much stuff rabbits need :lol: So far I have: a food bowl, water bottle, loads of toys, and a plastic dog bed. I was going to get the hay and the food (Wagg Optimum - is this a good food to feed?) the day before I get them. My Mum has said we can buy the hutch tomorrow night after I've been to the rescue because she just wants to check with the rescue that the hutch I'm going to get is ok. It will be a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch. I've also got a litter tray. I've got a run too, but as I explained on the other thread it is not quite big enough and the rabbits will be exercising both indoors in an unheated room and in the slightly smaller run during the day, until I can get them a bigger run in a few weeks time. Have I missed anything?

Oh wow! It's finally going to happen for you :D Brilliant!

Sound like you have plenty to be going on with. You might want a litter tray when they've settled in.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new bunnies!

Oops sorry, yes I've got one, though I don't know if it's big enough, but I don't know how big the rabbits are because I don't know what ones I'm getting yet, so I can get a new one before I bring them home if the one I have isn't big enough. It fits my small cat in it, though so hopefully the rabbits will fit in it :)

YEY! :D When are you getting them and which hutch are you going to buy if you don't mind me asking? :) Your mum changed her mind again then? :lol:

I think you have everything but a hay rack and litter tray? :D

YEY! :D When are you getting them and which hutch are you going to buy if you don't mind me asking? :) Your mum changed her mind again then? :lol:

I think you have everything but a hay rack and litter tray? :D

I was just going to put the hay on the hutch floor to try and keep them warm as well as eat it, but I might get a hay rack and then put hay on the floor and the hay rack too so they don't pee on it. I've got a litter tray too, sorry I missed it off the list.
Yes Mum changed her mind, you were right when you said she would! :lol: My Mum wants rabbits too, which is why she keeps changing her mind back to letting me have them :lol:

And I'm getting this hutch (the 6ft size)
http://www.happyhutch.co.uk/details.php?product=22

So good that you have done so much preperation :D these will be lucky bunnies! Have you see any at the rescue you like, like do they have a website?

There wasn't very much information on the rabbits on the website, but I'm going here tomorrow to look round:
http://www.crrc.co.uk/

I like Brock but I somehow don't think Mum will agree to a giant bunny :lol: and I like Gooseberry,Redcurrant,Paw Paw, & Prickly Pear (the website says the group can be split) but I don't know when the website was updated so I'm going to look tomorrow :)

There wasn't very much information on the rabbits on the website, but I'm going here tomorrow to look round:
http://www.crrc.co.uk/

I like Brock but I somehow don't think Mum will agree to a giant bunny :lol: and I like Gooseberry,Redcurrant,Paw Paw, & Prickly Pear (the website says the group can be split) but I don't know when the website was updated so I'm going to look tomorrow :)

bet you're excited to go and look! :D

You'll need a litter tray and something to hold hay, and a water bowl for when they are inside! Might want a bowl for their hutch too, as lots of buns prefer it and just have the bottle as backup.

Hay racks are a good idea, for soem reason after buns have sat on hay they dont like it as much :roll: they like it fresh out the bag.

I strongly reccommend The Hay Experts for when you buy your hay, you can get your megazorb/wood litter there and some sample packs of hay to try, plus they are VERY quick with delivery (normally around 2/3 working days), and tell you what day and time they will deliver.

If you have a bit more time on your hands Hay for Pets is very good value if you buy the biggest bags (around £1.70 a kg including postage), and it smells gorgeous. Very high quality. They got my order to me within about 5 days.

Back