• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Esme's got belly ache... U/D P 11 Elijah.but.. now okay.

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
It started suddenly about 7.10 straight after spring greens.

She started by flopping and stretching, rolling... hyperventilating.

She's a lot calmer now and has even had a little preen. She's refusing food though and occasionally shifts and looks uncomfortable.

I've spoken to Nigel Harcourt-Brown (disturbed his tea) and I'm going to watch Esme for another 1/2 hour and report back.

If she's not right, which I'm not expecting her to be, I'll be taking her to be examined.

Vibes would be appreciated.

Last edited:
:cry:

Do you have any gripe water ??

I have yes. In the fridge. She's nigh impossible for a novice to syringe feed though - it would stress her more than it would be worth.

I've also got a blood glucose tester but I haven't used that yet either.

She has just eaten a Carroty biscuit but then refused a Fenugreek. She doesn't look distressed anymore, I don't know waht to make of her at the moment :?

Thank you all for the vibes.

I'm tentatively reporting that she's starting to feel better :D

She still hasn't eaten the Fenugreek crunchie but has had a few Excel pellets and all in all her body posture looks 'okay'. Her ears are back rather than down but she isn't looking in pain - just vexed.

I've reported back to NHB who said to leave her but ring back if I'm worried again. He did however tell me when I was in the waiting room about 2 months ago that I always look worried, so he probably means more if I'm more worried than usual :lol::lol:

Thank you all for the vibes.

I'm tentatively reporting that she's starting to feel better :D

She still hasn't eaten the Fenugreek crunchie but has had a few Excel pellets and all in all her body posture looks 'okay'. Her ears are back rather than down but she isn't looking in pain - just vexed.

I've reported back to NHB who said to leave her but ring back if I'm worried again. He did however tell me when I was in the waiting room about 2 months ago that I always look worried, so he probably means more if I'm more worried than usual :lol::lol:
Thats so good to hear!
Hope it all carries on to go well!

sorry to hear esme's feeling a bit poorly:( hope she picks up soon xxx

what IS it at the moment with unexplained poorly buns:?

I've just been to see Elijah and Erin - Elijah was stretched out and immediately ran away from me. He then got in his litter tray and stayed there :cry::cry:

sorry to hear esme's feeling a bit poorly:( hope she picks up soon xxx

what IS it at the moment with unexplained poorly buns
:?

I'm blaming spring greens again - they got some at 7.00 pm. All buns got some from the same bag. Roo didn't touch them (while I was there at least) which isn't unsual but the rest did.

They looked really nice dark leaves - I felt happy about how everybody (except Roo) was getting stuck in there :?

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear that. Sending lots of vibes fir the both if them xxx

Oh no :(

Are they all off to the vets now?

Both actually look quite calm now so I'm just monitoring them. Esme has eaten bit so I'm tentatively calling her in recovery. Elijah just looks sorry for himself in his litter tray and let me fuss him but is refusing food. I haven't decided either way yet but it's unlikely to be serious. One being ill is more suggestive of dreaded blockage, two being out of sorts less so. Mr H-B did say I could give Esme metacam, zantac, domperidone that I had in cupboard. I haven't yet I'm still monitoring. If Elijah looks in pain I will ring back and say I want to take them in. I'm just off to look for some bramble leaves for them. And to check Binky and Shadow as they have eaten the same :?

If you could get some GW into them I feel it would help :?

More vibes being sent xx

The Gripe Water was opened in sept 09 but has been in the fridge since being opened. Is it any good? :oops: Tescos is only 10 minutes away so easy enough to get some fresh (assuming it's still open). I've written 2ml per kg of bunny - does that sound right? Thank you

Binx and Shadow begging and lively - thank god.

Back