• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Never rains but it pours

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Just been to meet a rabbit that is coming in for rehoming tomorrow and had a visit today from a lady who is having to give up her 8yr old boy for rehoming - he's coming in on Thursday, so am now completely full.

So this evening receive a call from a lady (who is actually adopting from me) because her sister stepped in to help today when a box of 4 bunnies were dumped overnight outside a shop where she lives. The shop owner didn't want anything to do with them so she has taken them home. Contents = 3 babies and a male! Bubbers appear to have bite marks on their backs so the lady has split them.

Why is rabbit rescuing like buses - nothing extraordinary for ages and then 3 come along at once.

Will post details of the new boys coming in for adoption as in both cases they are vaccinated and neutered (amazingly) so will be ready for adoption as soon as we assess temperament and general health.

Last edited:
That sucks Helen. Sounds like my week earlier this week. I feel for you, but I'm glad for those rabbits in your care that they fell on your feet.

Have you got the four that were dumped as well?

That sucks Helen. Sounds like my week earlier this week. I feel for you, but I'm glad for those rabbits in your care that they fell on your feet.

Have you got the four that were dumped as well?

No, but have offered support with equipment and advice if they lady and her sister can keep them safe and to the vet for assessment next week.

Then we will see how we can assist either with admission in due course or simply with advertising and homechecking. Luckily both are keen to help with the rabbits and couldn't face them being left to the shop keeper to sort out.

Oh Helen. Never a dull moment at your place!
Good job you like to stay busy!!!

Can't wait for pics of the new comers. And hope they settle in o.k. :D

Oh Helen. Never a dull moment at your place!
Good job you like to stay busy!!!

Can't wait for pics of the new comers. And hope they settle in o.k. :D

Nope you are right there Lisa. The 4 1/2 year old that is coming in tomorrow is an overweight tan x harlequin uppy eared boy that hates to be touched so he'll be here a while while we get him used to snuggles. The other little fella is a blue minilop. His mummy lives in New York now and has been in boarding since October, but she has just found out that she will be there for another year, so she wants whats best for him - that would be a wife and a home with lots of space.

So photos will follow and hopefully they will find love really soon.

Not sure what the bubbers look like but am awaiting some photos to help with a guestimate of age until the lady can get them to the vets on Monday.

No, but have offered support with equipment and advice if they lady and her sister can keep them safe and to the vet for assessment next week.

Then we will see how we can assist either with admission in due course or simply with advertising and homechecking. Luckily both are keen to help with the rabbits and couldn't face them being left to the shop keeper to sort out.

Thank goodness for poeple with good hearts! (you and the people who are going to look after them).

Nope you are right there Lisa. The 4 1/2 year old that is coming in tomorrow is an overweight tan x harlequin uppy eared boy that hates to be touched so he'll be here a while while we get him used to snuggles. The other little fella is a blue minilop. His mummy lives in New York now and has been in boarding since October, but she has just found out that she will be there for another year, so she wants whats best for him - that would be a wife and a home with lots of space.

So photos will follow and hopefully they will find love really soon.

Not sure what the bubbers look like but am awaiting some photos to help with a guestimate of age until the lady can get them to the vets on Monday.

I'm always up for help with getting that ol boy used to snuggles ;)
(Ive been giving lots of them out lately!)
So a visit to meet all these new ones, is a must! :D

Thank goodness for poeple with good hearts! (you and the people who are going to look after them).

I know - well the lady who took them is a dog walker but had rabbits previously and her sister who is adopting from us would love to rescue herself. She's mad about animals. So I am glad that they are able to keep the rabbits safe from harm and that they now have a very good chance of going to good homes in the future. Can't imagine what would have happened if they weren't in the right place at the right time. :-(

Back