• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits and ants?

Not had many that made it over the threshold... so can't comment on how they would react.... sorry.
We are plagued with ants ... esp during warmer weather... so I draw a chalk line around the perimeter of the bunny house & a thick line on the doorsteps of their sleeping end .... ants don't cross the chalk line :D

well, we have them inside at the moment:( i hate it, they make me feel like my house is dirty:oops:

its a really old cottage and fireplace - i'm sure thats where they're coming in but i've noticed some around eric's food (which he's not eating) and wondered whether this is why:?

yup, clutching at straws i'm afraid as to what may be bothering my little man as i'm at the end of my tether.

Alfie and Bubbles haven't seen ants. They've had the odd slug or worm in their kennel though and don't seem to bat an eyelid. :mrgreen:

I know Eric is more easily stressed by things though.

Have you put anything down to stop the ants?

Try a bicarbonate of soda & icing sugar mix. Don't kill the ants that you see in the house tho; as they are meant to take the mix back to the nest and kill the queen with it.

Have you put anything down to stop the ants?

Try a bicarbonate of soda & icing sugar mix. Don't kill the ants that you see in the house tho; as they are meant to take the mix back to the nest and kill the queen with it.

no, i haven't put anything down as obviously, eric's free range. i purposely don't kill them though as i think that attracts more to carry the bodies away:?

will that mix be safe around bunnies?

Alfie and Bubbles haven't seen ants. They've had the odd slug or worm in their kennel though and don't seem to bat an eyelid. :mrgreen:

I know Eric is more easily stressed by things though.

you ain't kidding. love him to bits but he's doin me swede in!

You don't mean that..... but just in case you do, make sure you put a packet of fenugreek crunchies in for the journey. ;) :lol:

DE - Diatomaceous Earth - crushed diatoms/seashells - dehydrates and kills ants but safe to use around us, kids and animals :):wave:

Oo, where can I get some of that pl?

And Karen, yes you can blooming well have him! He's left me totally broke and stressed to the. hilt!

And Karen, yes you can blooming well have him! He's left me totally broke and stressed to the. hilt!

:( It's lucky for them they're so blinking easy to love though isn't it!! I shall start stalking the postie just in case. ;)

Back