• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please could I have pictures of your indoor housing?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry, I'm sure threads like this have been done before but I'm no good at finding things :oops: My buns will be staying in their shed by the way as I like their set up and they do too but I'm just interested in the areas that your indoor bunnies live in :) Thankyou very much :wave:

Not really much to show for mine- Oscar has a cage thats always open with free access to our front room, dining room and upstairs (though the last two only when we are in) :wave:

Not really much to show for mine- Oscar has a cage thats always open with free access to our front room, dining room and upstairs (though the last two only when we are in) :wave:

How do you bun proof things/make them safe for him? :)

SAM_0419.jpg

Toffee currently has this 12ft hutch and full run of the room constantly but he is moving outside in the summer :)

How do you bun proof things/make them safe for him? :)

We moved most things out of his reach- wires and stuff are all hidden away, and we pick everything up off the floor at night that we don't want chewing. Some things still suffer a bit (he's just discovered the cookbooks on the bottom shelf!) but what else can you expect with a bunny?

Luckily he's not much of a chewer, but we give him plenty of branches and toys to play with that keep him more occupied!

Thanks tiger-lily :) And thanks xsophia :) Anymore pics please? Like how you've adapted rooms to make them sutiable for buns :wave: I know there will have been threads like this sorry, I have done a search but quite a few of the older threads have had pictures removed now.

The room wasnt really used for anything before it became the pet room so we just had to cover up all plugs and make sure he couldnt get to any wires or anything!

Thanks :) I love their set ups! This sounds silly but how do NIC cubes work? Like how do you attach them to floors to stop buns reaching stuff? :oops:

They attach to each other with the round connectors :) Mine are just freestanding in most areas. I've just attached them to the legs of the desk and the babygate.

Here are a few pics of Stevie Wonder and Eliza's (Gordon's daughter) indoor base. They live in the utility with access to the kitchen and dining room when we are in.

I'm lucky because the utility is tiled and the skirting boards are tiles so it is easy to clean and they are not able to chew much . I have used NIC Cubes to block off other chewable places and converted a shelving unit for them to have as a base.

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

Not a housing pic but he loves his bed :love:

IMG_2594.jpg

Eliza says; hello dad :wave:

Last edited:
This is Lola and SiDneys room - They only go in there to eat or a little quiet time as they have free range of the flat at all times.
DSC00642.jpg

DSC00751-1.jpg

DSC00746.jpg

Now with hanging hay basket
DSC00723.jpg

They sleep under our bed in the bottom of an indoor cage
DSC00644.jpg

They spend most of the time in this house
DSC00711.jpg

All bits and pieces are stored in here
DSC00862.jpg

IMGP1280.jpg

o-nions120.jpg

NewquayAnarchyandSafariPark232.jpg

Louie has freerange of conservatory/kitchen, hall, back room, stairs, landing and bathroom. He isn't allowed in the lounge unless we are in there or the bedrooms.

Thankyou everyone for the great pics :D Angela Lou I can't seem to see your pics but I would love to see them :?

Barney is in my bedroom, he has free-range of it during the day and is shut in his pen at night. You can just about see the tunnel behind the chair which bunny-proofs it.

SAM_0757.jpg

SAM_0763.jpg

This is another example of bunny-proofing, had to block this area off because of wires and he also wees here given half the chance:

SAM_0749.jpg

eta - P.S. I do have a bed in my room, you just cant see it because I'm sat on it :oops:

Just realised Barney is in none of the photos... I do have a rabbit, honest!

SAM_0767.jpg

SAM_0016.jpg

Last edited:
Back