• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New crib for the bunnies!

I'm worried now - is it really too small? Cookie is tiny and Poppet is a dwarf lop. When we're at home they have free range of the roof terrace and indoors too. Since their spay in January they have been sleeping under my bed, and take themselves off at 9pm.

They have a hutch each, but I'd like them to sleep together and keep each other company if no one is at home.

:roll::cry:

I'm worried now - is it really too small? Cookie is tiny and Poppet is a dwarf lop. When we're at home they have free range of the roof terrace and indoors too. Since their spay in January they have been sleeping under my bed, and take themselves off at 9pm.

They have a hutch each, but I'd like them to sleep together and keep each other company if no one is at home.

:roll::cry:

I didn't mean it as a criticism really, as I know my hutch is too small for the two bunnies that live in it atm. My hutch is 5ftx3ft double tier and I think it's way too small, but until my three are neutered and bonded I can't upgrade:(..

Your hutch just looked a little short in the pictures, less than what is recommended, but only you know how big it is:wave:

Don't get too down, as Chloe said do you know the measurements of the hutch. Pictures can often make hutches look smaller/bigger then they actually are :wave:

Sounds like they get lots of space in the day. They have loads of toys in the hutch which is great aswell :D

sometimes pics make things look smaller than they are. do you know the measurements?

and do you mean you want to bond them and them share that new hutch? or am i getting confused :oops: x

Biscandmatt ~ they are bonded (blood, sweat and tears!).

I bought Poppet the lop along with a hutch that the petshop said would be a good size for two buns (I was waiting for Cookie, the mini nethie from the same breeder/shop).

Cookie moved in to ours a week after Poppet, and Poppet took an instant dislike to the newbie ~ so a second hutch was promptly purcahsed. They were kept separate, and it took us three months to get Poppet to accept her new mate.

They have since been spayed and the idea was for the two to live together (that was always the idea - just took longer than expected!). I quickly realised that the hutch I had originally bought was too small for two, and when I decided to buy a new, bigger one for Cookie and Poppet to share, grand-bun decided to build one.

Cookie and Poppet have been living indoors (free ranging) since their spay in January and don't like to be apart now (but we still have the two hutches if I need to put them away for a few hours). I want them to share the new hutch when no one is at home, which won't be too often.

But now I do worry a little - they are not big buns by any means, but maybe hutch is too small anyway? I will get measuring tape out... :cry:

I like it, especially the toys etc, looks like you put a lot of work in :)

I can't really comment on the size as I don't know what it measures but it does sound like they have plenty of exercise time ouside of it. :)

Biscandmatt ~ they are bonded (blood, sweat and tears!).

I bought Poppet the lop along with a hutch that the petshop said would be a good size for two buns (I was waiting for Cookie, the mini nethie from the same breeder/shop).

Cookie moved in to ours a week after Poppet, and Poppet took an instant dislike to the newbie ~ so a second hutch was promptly purcahsed. They were kept separate, and it took us three months to get Poppet to accept her new mate.

They have since been spayed and the idea was for the two to live together (that was always the idea - just took longer than expected!). I quickly realised that the hutch I had originally bought was too small for two, and when I decided to buy a new, bigger one for Cookie and Poppet to share, grand-bun decided to build one.

Cookie and Poppet have been living indoors (free ranging) since their spay in January and don't like to be apart now (but we still have the two hutches if I need to put them away for a few hours). I want them to share the new hutch when no one is at home, which won't be too often.

But now I do worry a little - they are not big buns by any means, but maybe hutch is too small anyway? I will get measuring tape out... :cry:

If they get a lot of exercise time out of it, then you don't have a problem really:wave:

Back