• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi in Leeds/Wakefield Area & Second hand myxi hutches?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Just thought I'd let people know my mums friend has two rabbits that have died from myxi :( Apparently they'd had wildies getting into the garden and going near the hutch, so he thinks this is how they got it

I was also wondering, if a rabbit has died from myxi in a hutch, should it be burned or could it be re-used if it was strongly bleached and left for a certain length of tie?

Sorry to hear about the 2 buns :cry:.

Not sure if the hutch would be OK after bleaching. One of my buns had myxo some years ago, and I burnt the hutch. I was too scared in case somebun else got infected.

Personally I would probably burn it, but theoretically it is only passed by flies and fleas (and some say the mucous membranes) so as long as none of those are around it shouldn't be an issue. I would suggest you would need to treat with something like RIP fleas and stuff.

Back