• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny bits U/D Pictures page 2

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
Ok so well I barely ever check my bunnies bits, like I dont think I've ever done it :oops: But today I thought I would and when I was checking Rosie I found something.

Its kind of disgusting and it smells too. Shes got like a white gunky film round her private area and I was wondering what this is and what I can do? Shes not bothered by it, though she was when I touched it. It looks like shes had it a while and I've never noticed any abnormal behaviour, just my normal little Rosie roo. I have no idea how long shes had this as I've never checked down their before but it looks like shes had it a while. I dont know if this has anything to do with it but I got her from a breeder as she wasn't good enough for them :)censored:) and kept killing her babies. So not sure if giving birth has anything to do with it? It looks pretty horrible and now I feel awful for never checking their bits before :(

Last edited:
I would say thats not normal! Not sure if it's got anything to do with her being an ex-breeder but it might. All my female buns (both outdoor and indoor) have always had very clean, dry, pink bits.
Maybe someone else can give you more of a heads up as to what it could be, it doesn't sound to nice though :shock:
Maybe check the other too, just incase.

I would say thats not normal! Not sure if it's got anything to do with her being an ex-breeder but it might. All my female buns (both outdoor and indoor) have always had very clean, dry, pink bits.
Maybe someone else can give you more of a heads up as to what it could be, it doesn't sound to nice though :shock:
Maybe check the other too, just incase.

I've checked all the others and there fine, it does look really horrible though :( Graces are clean too so Im sure its not normal :?

I have no advice sorry but I don't think that's normal, possibly could be soething to do with her being bred from, was she bred from a lot do you know?

Could it be an infection?

I have never heard or seen anything like you are describing, i check my lot regularly and have never seen this :?

Sounds like a trip to the vets could be in order? :wave:

Hope shes ok xx

I have no advice sorry but I don't think that's normal, possibly could be soething to do with her being bred from, was she bred from a lot do you know?

Umm well she was 2-ish when I got her, I dont know how many litters that means? Probably 4 ish? I'm not sure :?

Could it be an infection?

I have never heard or seen anything like you are describing, i check my lot regularly and have never seen this :?

Sounds like a trip to the vets could be in order? :wave:

Hope shes ok xx

Yeah, I was just wondering if anyone can help me on here as my dad never wants to take me to the vets and he'll just say oh shes had it for ages, she'll be fine.

Yeah, I was just wondering if anyone can help me on here as my dad never wants to take me to the vets and he'll just say oh shes had it for ages, she'll be fine.

I know how you feel! Espcially when your parents pay for it too :roll:
(Lucky i pay now :lol: and can just jump on a bus ;))

Have you tried cleaning the area? Might be worth cleaning her up and see if it returns?

I hope someone has had experience with what you have described and reply to your thread soon :)

I know how you feel! Espcially when your parents pay for it too :roll:
(Lucky i pay now :lol: and can just jump on a bus ;))

Have you tried cleaning the area? Might be worth cleaning her up and see if it returns?

I hope someone has had experience with what you have described and reply to your thread soon :)

How should I clean it up? Just with like water and a sponge? :wave:

If you clean it use cotton wool pads and cooled boiled water. Use fresh pads often too.

I know it might not be very pleasant but could you perhaps post a picture of it, in order that we might have a better idea of what you're talking about ;)

Does sound as though a trip to the vets may be in order though

I know it might not be very pleasant but could you perhaps post a picture of it, in order that we might have a better idea of what you're talking about ;)

Does sound as though a trip to the vets may be in order though

Will do tomorrow, I've just tried cleaning it but it doesnt come off :shock: I just told my dad, he just said isnt that what the forum is for. :roll:

Will do tomorrow, I've just tried cleaning it but it doesnt come off :shock: I just told my dad, he just said isnt that what the forum is for. :roll:

That could mean its been there for some time... where it has dried.

You might have to keep trying, maybe the wetness will soon loosen it, but dont over to it because you dont want to make her bits sore. Maybe try again tomorrow when you have more time in the day :)

A photo is a good idea :lol: :D

Hope its nothing serious.

Oh i feel awful posting this, it looks horrendous :cry:

rosie004.jpg

rosie002.jpg

When i put her down she just goes back to normal but it looks so painful and sore :( I need to do their myxi jabs soon then vhd 2 weeks later so I thought I could check that with the vet?

Why didnt I check them before? :cry:

Id get her to the vet asap, that looks very sore!!
I know i wouldnt like to have that down below :(

Could you possibly phone the vets tomorrow morning to get an appointment this week? I dont think you should wait any longer to get her seen :( That is not at all normal

Poor little girly, hope she isnt in pain with it.

Thanks im trying to persuade my dad. I was wondering if vaccinations can be done early? So i can get two problems in one trip as after all my dad is the one who has to drive me.

I'm not sure about this but Beano got vaccinated early when she went in for something else to save on trips but it was only a week or so early and this was before I joined here so I wasn't that knowledgeable on rabbit care :oops: Poor girl, that looks quite bad. Hope you can get her sorted xx

Thanks im trying to persuade my dad. I was wondering if vaccinations can be done early? So i can get two problems in one trip as after all my dad is the one who has to drive me.

I hope he agrees to take you.

I think they can... im not completely sure, but i think i remember someone asking on the forum and they said it was ok?

But dont take my word for it... maybe start a new thread and ask? Or you could ask when making your appointment? :)

If that is something like Bunny Syphillis then they will likely NOT vaccinate even if it is at the right time for vaccinations, because of the hit to the immune system.

I would get her checked ASAP, preferably tomorrow, to be honest.

Back