• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Step Back in Time

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Me and my late Mum on the steps of The White House in Washington DC in 1965

001-49.jpg

I still have the Teddy Bear and I still take him to bed :oops:

thats lovely. i really enjoy getting old photos out and flicking through them. when my nan died i found a picture of my great great grandad in her beuro (cant spell :oops:) he looked all serious with a REALLY long white beard.:lol::lol:

thats lovely. i really enjoy getting old photos out and flicking through them. when my nan died i found a picture of my great great grandad in her beuro (cant spell :oops:) he looked all serious with a REALLY long white beard.:lol::lol:

HA HA...Bureau....:)oops: dictionary to hand...by the computer!!!!!)

And good photo too, do you live in the US or were you visitng on hols...?(am still new-ish here...)

HA HA...Bureau....:)oops: dictionary to hand...by the computer!!!!!)

And good photo too, do you live in the US or were you visitng on hols...?(am still new-ish here...)

We were supposed to be emigrating there but in the end we came home thank goodness.

No offense intended American RUers !!

That's a lovely 'photo Jane. :love: xx

I still have my teddy bear that I had when I was a baby! Named 'Blackie' - not very original lol! Up until I got married he came to bed with me..... :p

Wow, how cool. I never knew you have been to D.C!
And your mum looks very stylish there :thumb:

that's a great photo :)

I love old photographs. When people leave them at work (happens quite a lot) we give them 12 months to be collected and then they're thrown away - but I often nab them when their time is up and store them in my attic. I'm not sure why and I'm sure I'm not allowed to. Ones like yours are my favourites, big moments in peoples lives where they're clearly so happy :) seems tragic that they can be lost forever

I was expecting that to be a video of you singing there - how thick am i!

's ok...I was hoping that too! :oops::oops:- not vid, though they did film in those days, Americans always a step (or two) ahead of us technologicaly speaking...

Back