• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fluff....

batmobile

Mama Doe
Just wondering what people on here would think... I came out to feed the buns yesterday and noticed that their run is COVERED in fluff. It was so much that I thought one of them had been attacked (when my poor Myrtle was killed by a stoat, there was fluff everywhere. :( ). I have 3 buns in this particular set up and all 3 are absolutely fine, with no wounds on them or anything. However, it did look like there had been some chasing. Is it the time of year, is it a serious fight or do other people have this problem? I wondered if something had spooked them and they changed their behaviour but they are eating etc as normal. I am worried that one of them might be being bullied but they don't seem aggressive towards each other, nothing has changed in the environment.

A and Es shed has been like this recently. It is that time of year where they are chasing more and also starting to moult too. Are they buns you handle Jo? Can you check them over for injuries?

Something might have frightened them and caused them to charge round too might be worth checking everything is still secure too

Yes they are fine. They are not happy being handled but it was the first thing I did when I saw the fluff. Plus the run is still secure. Something could have walked round it but to be honest, the way it is set up, they normally run into the hutch rather than stay out if something frightens them. It's a rabbit sized bolt hole. They could have just had a chase and shed fur etc as there are 3 of them, there would be a fair amount of fluff but it just seemed a lot...

Could any of them be plucking fur for nest building.. Seems a lot of phantoms around at mo?
Thats presuming theres a girl:oops:
Just a thought

With regards to injuries, I would suggest checking in about 36 hours or so because often they can only be identifiable when they start to scab over, so that might then show a different picture if somebunny has wounds, etc.

Obviously all neutered but 2 girls, one boy. Mum and two of her children. They have not been apart, not had anything change so maybe it is the time of year and they had a bit of a chase. It was a moment of panic as I felt sure they'd been hurt. I shut them in at night and there is nothing in the hutch fluffwise (unless you count the buns lol) and nothing additional so maybe it was a 'mad moment'?

Back