• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run size for two buns?

ciarapatricia

Young Bun
Hey guys :)

I always thought the recommended run size for 2 buns was generally 6'X4' (attached to a 6'X2') hutch, but I read recently that it should be 8'X6'!

What do you think? What does the RSPCA recommend? Obviously the bigger the better, but which as a minimum?

My rspca requires 48sq ft overall (a 6x2 hutch with 6x6 run attached), but different places have different requirements.

My opinion is that 6ft x 6ft is the minimum size for a run for any rabbits. Larger rabbits need more.

I have a 6x2 hutch and 6x4 run attachment, it's too small for my pair really, they can't get any speed up in there, so in the daytime they have access to a 6x6 extension. At night time they have the hutch and smaller run (36 square foot) and during the day they have the extension (totalling 72 square foot).

Back