• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Need a good vet Nottm

Polar4

New Kit
Hi, have been taking Roley to a local vet (Arnwood) but I believe they haven't a clue what they are doing!! He has misaligned teeth and has been having them cut every 8 weeks for the past year with clippers. Just before Christmas the vet said a front tooth was loose and it would probably fall out and she didn't cut it. Had to take him back recently as he was obviously poorly and the tooth had been growing sideways this time the vet cut it, also gave him Tiacil for white eye discharge, although he has lost weight they didn't bother weighing him. That was last week, tonight he is hunched up and grinding his teeth. Having been reading on here about dental issues I believe Roley has incisor root infection as his eyes have been running with discharge and he is now sneezing, grinding teeth, and still losing weight. I have no confidence in the vet at all, my visits last approx 2 minutes, they cut the teeth and nothing more. Last week I just felt they weren't doing enough, shouldn't they've checked for infection, they didn't even mention removing his tooth/teeth. Can anyone please recommend a vet in Nottingham who know something about rabbits teeth, I live in Carlton.

I have a rabbit with severe dental problems, he has to have his molars burred every three weeks and has had his incisors removed.

I'm in the north of Notts and go to a really good vets in Worksop....probably too far for you to travel from Carlton though.

Oh your poor bun and good on you for looking after him and wanting the best. There are a few people on here from your area hopefully they will be along to point you in the right direction

The Vets4pets in Gamston is used by a few members and meant to be very good. I use vets in Newark and they are also good.

Hi, thank you for the replies, there's a vets4pets in Mapperly not too far from me but being part of a large chain I rather avoided it and chose the local small practice thinking Roley would receive better care. I guess at the end of the day its the vet you see and not the actual practice. If anyone can recommend any other vets I'd appreciate your feedback, if not I'll try Vets4pets tomorrow.

Hi, have been taking Roley to a local vet (Arnwood) but I believe they haven't a clue what they are doing!! He has misaligned teeth and has been having them cut every 8 weeks for the past year with clippers. Just before Christmas the vet said a front tooth was loose and it would probably fall out and she didn't cut it. Had to take him back recently as he was obviously poorly and the tooth had been growing sideways this time the vet cut it, also gave him Tiacil for white eye discharge, although he has lost weight they didn't bother weighing him. That was last week, tonight he is hunched up and grinding his teeth. Having been reading on here about dental issues I believe Roley has incisor root infection as his eyes have been running with discharge and he is now sneezing, grinding teeth, and still losing weight. I have no confidence in the vet at all, my visits last approx 2 minutes, they cut the teeth and nothing more. Last week I just felt they weren't doing enough, shouldn't they've checked for infection, they didn't even mention removing his tooth/teeth. Can anyone please recommend a vet in Nottingham who know something about rabbits teeth, I live in Carlton.

Mapperley vets4pets liz is brilliant i've used them since they have been open and there just up the road from you on woodborough rd

Back