• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you clean bunny water bottles?

How do you clean bunny water bottles

• Rice and Water

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Household detergent

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Baby sterilizing fluid

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other Animal disinfectant- please say which

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just water

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Water and Vinegar

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
i put rice inside them, and shake it shake shake it... (cocktail maker style) then rinse out thourouhgly. i also have a bottle brush but the rice is better and more fun, x

wet (straight from the tap) kitchen roll stuffed in the bottle, shake and twist when pulling out - this is a good method to use if there is a build-up of algae

On rare occasions I use baby sterilizing fluid very dilute and leave it for 30mins or so, then rinse rinse rinse.

On a regular basis just a bottle brush and water :)

I use clean water and a bottle brush.. Didn't know there was any other way to clean them :shock::oops:

I use a bottle brush (and stick my finger in to clean the very top bit where the brush dosen't reach). Or if I've lost the brush, I use rice, gets messy though :lol: I sometimes soak them in a big plastic box of disinfectant, but now when they start getting algea build up quickly I just get new bottles

I've not heard of rice being used, what does this do? I normally use water and vinegar and I've got a bottle brush. I have quite hard water where I am so I do tend to get a bit of limescale in the spout which is hard to get rid of, is there a non toxic way of getting rid of this?

Daily, just water. Every couple of weeks I clean them with baby sterilizing fluid. The Tesco own brand one is very cheap!

I've not heard of rice being used, what does this do? I normally use water and vinegar and I've got a bottle brush. I have quite hard water where I am so I do tend to get a bit of limescale in the spout which is hard to get rid of, is there a non toxic way of getting rid of this?

Re: rice - put in a little raw rice, and a splash of water - shake it up, rinse the rice out. It scrapes all the ick off the inside. V good if there's algae :)

I use rice. In case you couldn't tell. :lol:

Re: rice - put in a little raw rice, and a splash of water - shake it up, rinse the rice out. It scrapes all the ick off the inside. V good if there's algae :)

I use rice. In case you couldn't tell. :lol:

Ah thank you, I thought that would be the reason but didn't want to assume. :D I've never had an algae problem but I do get limescale not sure if rice would get that off but you never know, I can give it a go.

I use bowls now as they are a lot easier to clean (with water only). For bottle I used to use tea leaves and warm water - brought them up lovely and clean :D

I use a variety of things, eg rice, Milton, F10 disinfectant etc, but always use a clean pipe cleaner for the spout. Bought a big pack from Ebay. :)

Back