PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean bunny water bottles?

Ambience
04-03-2011, 09:00 PM
poll to follow

Oh and methods if it's with a bottle brush etc- forgot to add that.

bunlover
04-03-2011, 09:01 PM
i put rice inside them, and shake it shake shake it... (cocktail maker style) then rinse out thourouhgly. i also have a bottle brush but the rice is better and more fun, x

rabbitnutrition
04-03-2011, 09:33 PM
wet (straight from the tap) kitchen roll stuffed in the bottle, shake and twist when pulling out - this is a good method to use if there is a build-up of algae

youthnovels
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
On rare occasions I use baby sterilizing fluid very dilute and leave it for 30mins or so, then rinse rinse rinse.

On a regular basis just a bottle brush and water :)

Lillian
04-03-2011, 09:36 PM
I use clean water and a bottle brush.. Didn't know there was any other way to clean them :shock::oops:

DemiS
04-03-2011, 09:39 PM
I use a bottle brush (and stick my finger in to clean the very top bit where the brush dosen't reach). Or if I've lost the brush, I use rice, gets messy though :lol: I sometimes soak them in a big plastic box of disinfectant, but now when they start getting algea build up quickly I just get new bottles

Colyflower
04-03-2011, 09:42 PM
I've not heard of rice being used, what does this do? I normally use water and vinegar and I've got a bottle brush. I have quite hard water where I am so I do tend to get a bit of limescale in the spout which is hard to get rid of, is there a non toxic way of getting rid of this?

Captain Helen
04-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Daily, just water. Every couple of weeks I clean them with baby sterilizing fluid. The Tesco own brand one is very cheap!

clutterydrawer
04-03-2011, 10:09 PM
I've not heard of rice being used, what does this do? I normally use water and vinegar and I've got a bottle brush. I have quite hard water where I am so I do tend to get a bit of limescale in the spout which is hard to get rid of, is there a non toxic way of getting rid of this?

Re: rice - put in a little raw rice, and a splash of water - shake it up, rinse the rice out. It scrapes all the ick off the inside. V good if there's algae :)

I use rice. In case you couldn't tell. :lol:

happysaz133
04-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Just fairy liquid well washed out :)

Tracy
04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
I use Milton then rinse very thoroughly.

Colyflower
04-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Re: rice - put in a little raw rice, and a splash of water - shake it up, rinse the rice out. It scrapes all the ick off the inside. V good if there's algae :)

I use rice. In case you couldn't tell. :lol:

Ah thank you, I thought that would be the reason but didn't want to assume. :D I've never had an algae problem but I do get limescale not sure if rice would get that off but you never know, I can give it a go.

clutterydrawer
04-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Ah thank you, I thought that would be the reason but didn't want to assume. :D I've never had an algae problem but I do get limescale not sure if rice would get that off but you never know, I can give it a go.

You'd want to soak limescale in vinegar I imagine?

Colyflower
04-03-2011, 10:39 PM
You'd want to soak limescale in vinegar I imagine?

I do spray and rinse in vinegar but didn't think of soaking it in it. Thanks for the tip, not sure why I didn't think of it before. :D

bunny babe
04-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I use bowls now as they are a lot easier to clean (with water only). For bottle I used to use tea leaves and warm water - brought them up lovely and clean :D

Ambience
05-03-2011, 12:03 AM
I use bowls now as they are a lot easier to clean (with water only). For bottle I used to use tea leaves and warm water - brought them up lovely and clean :D

How often do you check and change bowls?

Emmz
05-03-2011, 03:00 AM
Mine wash great with just water so far but it's still early days.

chul
05-03-2011, 07:10 AM
I use bowls!

Mr Cookie Bun
05-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Washing up liquid and bottle brush then I sterilise them. I've got loads of bottles and they get changed every day.

SarahP
05-03-2011, 10:22 AM
I use a variety of things, eg rice, Milton, F10 disinfectant etc, but always use a clean pipe cleaner for the spout. Bought a big pack from Ebay. :)

bunny babe
05-03-2011, 10:36 AM
How often do you check and change bowls?

At least twice a day.

We have ceramic ones which are heavy and also stainless steel in a ring so it can not get knocked over (the ceramic ones don't get knocked over either but stainless steel one is back up)