• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really hard decision!

bugsbunnylover

Warren Scout
Im really hoping no-one is going to judge me as i have come to a very difficult decision to keep one rabbit and rehome my other 4:(
I have been trying to think with my head and not my heart which for me is hard in itself.
Im rehoming them due to the fact i cant cope with everything and its not fair on them as they are not getting the time they all need and it also comes down to not being able to provide them with what they need as in jabs because i cant afford to.
So if i just keep one rabbit i can afford to look after him proberly and can cope with one.
I also suffer with depression so i have good times and bad so i need to take some pressure off myself rather than over loading myself.
Please dont think im a bad person as im really trying to put the rabbits needs before my own.

I don't think you are a bad person at all, you are thinking about your bunnies and your health so nobody will make you feel bad for that. If you feel you cant cope with 5 rabbits then you are doing the right thing. Big hugs to you xxx

I think that it is sometimes hard for people to do the right thing by their pets, they think that they are admitting defeat. You are not failing, you are putting their needs first.

The only thing I would say though is perhaps it would be better to keep a pair because the single bunny may well become lonely.

Hugs and hope you can find loving homes,

FC x

What an awful decision to have to make. I am sorry you are in such a bad place at the moment. You are doing what's best for your buns, and for your own well-being.

Is there no way you can think about someone fostering until you feel a bit better?

I think that it is sometimes hard for people to do the right thing by their pets, they think that they are admitting defeat. You are not failing, you are putting their needs first.

The only thing I would say though is perhaps it would be better to keep a pair because the single bunny may well become lonely.

Hugs and hope you can find loving homes,

FC x

I was going to suggest the same

I don't think you are a bad person at all, you are thinking about your bunnies and your health so nobody will make you feel bad for that. If you feel you cant cope with 5 rabbits then you are doing the right thing. Big hugs to you xxx

Nicely said :]

Thankyou for being so nice:love:
Im just going to be keeping Henry who is my french lop and he is really good friends with my dogs as he is a house rabbit and has been since i got him two years ago.So i dont feel he will be lonely :love:

What a very brave decision to make and I don't think you are a bad person at all for wanting to put your bunnies first. I know a couple of people who suffer from depression, one of whom is close to me, so i know what it's like. When things aren't good it's very hard to look after yourself, let alone anyone else. It can be hard for some people to understand because most people have off days but it's not the same at all. If you've thought it through and gone through all options and you feel it it's the right thing to do then I really do hope you find a lovely person to take care of them. It will be very sad but if you don't feel like you can cope then it's worth looking for someone who can give them a lovely home. You might even find someone here who can keep in touch with you and give you updates.

(Spelling edit! Hate seeing misspelled words in my post, I'm always having to edit :roll:)

Last edited:
bless you hun before i got help for my depression it got the point i struggled to get out of bed in the morning (all i wanted to d was lie in a dark room by myself and do nothing) even feeding the rabbits felt like a massive task for me never mind cleaning them out!! im better now though but when i was in that position i even thought to myself why am i being so selfish in keeping them if i cant even look after them :(

I hope you find amazing homes for them hun and big hugs from me :)

hope your bunnies find lovely new homes and you are able to be kept upto date on how they are.

good luck xxx

thankyou for all your support and understanding:love:

I thought id put on pics of rabbits needing loving homes

DSC01443.jpg

Charlie is a very fun rabbit

DSC01382.jpg

Snowball is very cute

Picture452.jpg

this is Fudge very sweet rabbit

i know this must be very hard for you. i re homed 2 of my rabbits (well one was mine and the other was one that my sister dumped on me :( ) and though it was terrible at the time i know i have done the right thing. bella and jasper's life has been improved beyond words as i can do everything in my power for them and they have my attention pretty much 24/7. before because they werent bonded it was literally one bun out one bun in and that is no quality of life for any bun. im very fortunate as the lady that has re homed them regularly gives me up dates and i know they are getting the best care possible :)

:wave: good luck hun xx

I think it's a very brave decision you're making and you're putting their needs before your own. They are adorable and I'm sure you will find them brilliant new homes. :love:

I hope they find lovely homes, you're doing the right thing if you cant cope. It might seem obvious and you've probably already thought of this, but just in case you havent, make sure you don't split any bonded pairs and make sure you home-check.

Well i got brave and explained to my boys about rehoming the rabbits this evening which they took the news alot better than i thought they would:love:

They're lops :love:
I would adopt one from you, but I don't have the time or space to look after a 3rd bun :[
Sorry
I hope they can find a fab home where they will get given loads of attention.:wave:

Back