• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a partricular temperature we shuold wait for, before bunnys go outside?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
If house bunnys?

I know the approx date, but im wondering if theres a particular temperature, as heavy moult occuring atm.

Ta :)

oooh umm, Id say aim for the warmer days, prehaps around 10-14 degrees I know we've been having a few days that warm lately :)

I normally wait until the grass is dry. My allotment is still a bit wet so I expect the grass will be too. Knowing me I'll end up waiting until April when they have their myxi jabs :oops:

ETA. It's very cold at the moment cos we're getting northerly winds so I wouldn't for the next few days.

For yours I would say no wind (or rain obviously), and when the temp outdoors is comparable to what you have inside, so that the change is minimal. I'd also get them used to fresh air with an open window.

I normally wait until the grass is dry. My allotment is still a bit wet so I expect the grass will be too. Knowing me I'll end up waiting until April when they have their myxi jabs :oops:

ETA. It's very cold at the moment cos we're getting northerly winds so I wouldn't for the next few days.

Yeah the grass is still wet here too.

Im not sure i want to let Ginger out, as she's not being vacc'd, possibly never now.

I got in from work about an hour ago and as soon as I opened the door Gemma wanted to go out. I've decided to let her and George have a run around the back yard so have put a barrier up at the gap in the fence. As soon as she knew it was OK - she came back in:(

I am leaving the back door open so they can come in and go out as they please while I clean the outdoor buns out. It is lovely and warm here and my kitchen is cold as the cat flap keeps sticking.

Gemma was rubbing noses with Faye (there is wire between them). It was quite sweet. Furby got a bit jealous though. That's MY wife - he was saying (in 'bunny', of course!)

I would be concerned about the temperature difference. So it depends on what temperature they have inside. 5 degrees or so shouldn't be a problem.

Back