• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you wash your bunnies food dish in you washing up bowl with your sponges?

Do you wash your bunnies food dish in you washing up bowl with your sponges?

• Yes i was my buns food dish in the sink with my sponges

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • No i don't wash my buns food dish in the sink with my sponges

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I wash my buns stuff in the sink with their own sponges

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • I don't wash my buns stuff in the sink with their own sponges

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Just wondering- following on from everyone's non washing of hand threads and cleaning out without gloves threads :)

MULTIPLE CHOICE

I dont use sponges but yes, i wash them with our dishes and everything gets rinsed well too.

Wash them in the sink with their own sponge/scourer and then I put them in the steraliser

Probably being a bit thick here but I don't fully understand the poll options.

I don't currently have bunnies but I have never washed any animal stuff with our stuff.

I take the washing up bowl out and just fill the normal sink with water and washing up liquid and soak the pet bowls.

I then wash them round with a bit of kitchen roll, wouldn't use OUR washing up sponge on the pet bowls.

Just something I'll throw in: for anyone who has a pet with a sensitive bladder, be very careful of washing up liquid residues. I have found that 'bladder piggies' can't tolerate it, even when well rinsed.

I tend to only have pet stuff to wash up as I live off microwave meals:oops: If I do have my own crockery/cutlery to wash, it all goes in with the pet stuff and I use the same sponge. I do have the washing up water very hot though.

There is only me and my cats and bunnies and they are my family. I rarely wear gloves when cleaning out either as I have a latex allergy and non-latex gloves are more expensive and difficult to find than ordinary gloves.

Wash in a seperate washing up bowl, with seperate sponges and dry using kitchen roll.

Would never wash the bunny stuff with our stuff.

Wash in a seperate washing up bowl, with seperate sponges and dry using kitchen roll.

Would never wash the bunny stuff with our stuff.

Same here. I don't use washing up liquid either as I'm scared of leaving a residue and giving them a tummyache

I thought I was gross, you lot are way worse! :mrgreen::lol:

They've got their own sink, their own washing up bowl and their own cleaning utensils in our utility room.

Ewwwww no way! I wash them in a big bucket outside, or in the actual sink with the bowl removed then disinfect afterwards. A friend of mine used to wash her cat dishes with the same cloth and it made me heave :shock:
Id never use same sponge.

All the rabbit..and our two dog's bowls..get washed completely seperately..own sink, own sponges, etc.
The rabbit things..then get sterilised

Back