• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No mains water! - I have water now! Phew!

Colyflower

Alpha Buck
Just went to fill up the rabbits water bottles and nothing came out the tap! They're doing some road works near me so I'm wondering if it's got anything to do with that? Luckily I had a bottle of water in the fridge. I hope it's sorted by tomorrow!

Last edited:
Cripes - hope it is sorted now!!

I worried about that too - we now have a water butt so if something like that happens, at least mine can have rain water.

Glad you had some water there!!

Just went to fill up the rabbits water bottles and nothing came out the tap! They're doing some road works near me so I'm wondering if it's got anything to do with that? Luckily I had a bottle of water in the fridge. I hope it's sorted by tomorrow!

Call the water company. They may be fixing a leak but they normally leaflet customers if they will lose supply...

I just spoke to them and there doesn't seem to be an issue which doesn't sound good. I'm trying to get hold of the neighbours to see if anyone else is effected. I really do hope it's not a problem with my pipes :(

My OH works for the water board. If your water has gone off without notice you should be entilted to some compensation, or at least provided with bottled water.

I just spoke to them and there doesn't seem to be an issue which doesn't sound good. I'm trying to get hold of the neighbours to see if anyone else is effected. I really do hope it's not a problem with my pipes :(

Good luck! Do you have a water meter? If you do you could see if water was entering your property

Right! I gad to go back home as had no way of getting in touch with any neighbours and I've spent the best part of two hours trying to get people to answer their doors! Finally I think I may have found the problem. The guy who lives opposite me had a water leak yesterday so i think what's happened is that my outside stop **** has been turned off by accident. Rhiz guy is at work at the moment :roll: so I'm waiting for another neighbour to get home to help find out which one so hopefully this is all it is, last thing I want to do is get a plumber out.

Good news is, I get to work from home this afternoon and be with the bunnies! Woo hoo! which I'm very happy about :D

Plumber neighbour still hasn't come home and it's now dark and still no water, it doesn't look like anything will get sorted tonight :( got more water for the buns today but really need to do some washing up and have a shower. I have wine though :lol:

Back