• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Shaved Oliver!! And he has no tail!!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
My two current foster buns, Oliver and Rambo, went for their neuter on Monday. We had decided that the best course of action for Oliver, who was very heavily matted when he arrived, was to have the worst of the matts shaved off under anaesthetic.

Thankfully they have both recovered well from their op but Oliver is a sight to be seen. I have managed to remove a lot of smaller knots and tangles but in doing this I discovered something really, really sad. He does not have a tail.:shock::shock::shock::cry::cry: Because he was abandoned we have absolutely no idea what his past circumstances have been so no reasons for his lacking in the tail department.

What I have discovered is that he eats hay constantly. He sits beside his hay ball and just munches away happily so I think he has settled in now!

Anyway, here is the bald and tail-less wee chap.

SDC10475.JPG

SDC10471.JPG

Wee soul.

My Inca does not have a tail, doesnt cause her much grief, just sometimes falls over when she is cleaning her face and she finds it hard to periscope.

Wee soul.

My Inca does not have a tail, doesnt cause her much grief, just sometimes falls over when she is cleaning her face and she finds it hard to periscope.

That is great to know, thanks!:wave: I had noticed he doesn't periscope very often so that could explain it!

He and many other rabbits are available for rehoming by the organisation I foster for in Glasgow. :D

Back