• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Im quite proud - my dried mix

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Everything in this treat mix, I picked and dried myself and the rabbits love it!

It includes:

Dandelion leaves
Blackberry leaves
Carrot tops (tiny amount because of calcium levels)
Carrots (organic, from grandmas garden)
Strawberry leaves
Dried grass

Everything is chopped to help it mix together, the buns love foraging through it

47143973.jpg

Hours of hard work! Im so proud - the blackberry leaves were the worst as I cut all the prickles off!!

I want to dry more different leaves this year! :love:

Wow, looks very tasty!

What method did you use for drying?

Maybe get a thornless blackberry variety :lol:

Wow, looks very tasty!

What method did you use for drying?

Maybe get a thornless blackberry variety :lol:

Most was air dried in trays but the carrots were thinly sliced and heated in the oven (70oc for an hour).

Sadly, I dont have a garden yet, so all items came from my mums or grandmas garden. I cant wait to get my own garden (and get a thornless blackberry plant!).

Barney says he's packing his suitcase, he wants to come live with you :shock:

It looks really yummy! Cant believe you chopped every single thorn off!

Barney says he's packing his suitcase, he wants to come live with you :shock:

It looks really yummy! Cant believe you chopped every single thorn off!

I know :oops: I didnt want the babies to hurt themselves! I had the 'trio of fruit leaves' by naturals once and the thorns in that were awful..... I had to pick all them out :roll:

Snowy - someone on here said they had really high calcium levels.... I cant remember who? Is that not true?

Looks great lucky bunnies. I started late with my drying last year so didn't have enough to last me over winter. Will be starting early this year :)

looks very tasty:D

eric is munching the 'trio of fruit leaves' a lot recently - better that than nothing i suppose:(

i read somewhere too about carrot tops:?

Wow, this looks AMAZING - I might give it a try next year, when we're in our own house and garden....or go and beg leaves from allotment people maybe?

Whether the carrot tops are high or low in calcuim does not matter too much for this batch, as I only put a small amount in, I would like to know for sure for the future though :wave:

What other leaves could I dry this year? Clover maybe?

Whether the carrot tops are high or low in calcuim does not matter too much for this batch, as I only put a small amount in, I would like to know for sure for the future though :wave:

I dried plantain, dandelion, bramble, strawberry, raspberry, wasn't brave enough for hawthorn but will have a go this year, I also dried chamomile.

I can't find the calcium list I was looking for, I am sure they weren't very high but then I could be wrong, will have another look later

Looks good, bet my lot would enjoy that.

I thought that carrot tops were high in calcium too so mine only get it as a treat.

This looks amazing! Well done :D I dont have a garden either but my next door neighbour has an allotment, think I might have to pop round tomorrow. :D

Back