• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help? :(

I think it's called splayed feet. It's due to 'bad' breeding and usually found in dwarf breeds. I'm not sure you can do anything and it's not always a problem. My sister's lion head has this too but not quite as bad.

I think it's called splayed feet. It's due to 'bad' breeding and usually found in dwarf breeds. I'm not sure you can do anything and it's not always a problem. My sister's lion head has this too but not quite as bad.

I thought it might have been due to bad breeding mu poor little boy :( I just hope he isn't in pain :(

I'm really sorry but I'm not sure what it could be, I did just do a very quick Google and an Ontario Canada site said using the heels or 'flat footed' hops could be a sign of spinal problems/injury? I have no idea if this is true or not though but if you're worried I'd get the vet to have a check, as others have said it could also be bad breeding. Sorry I couldn't be more help. He's a gorgeous little ball of fluff isn't he! :love:

Zero also has splayed feet :wave: it can happen in a lot of animals and is a result of bad breeding, it's nothing to worry about it is just a bit like how humans can have bad posture etc

it would only really matter if you wanted to show him or anything like that, it would be classsed as a 'fault'

ETA: I think what Zero and Dougal is closer to knock knees than splayed legs - splayed legs look to be something very different

Last edited:
Back