• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Washing your hands.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Second random thread of the night.

I always make sure I wash my hands before I see the pets if I might have been touching something bad for them like chemicals or poisonous food like onions. But I don't bother washing my hands after touching them even if I'm making myself food. (If I'm making food for others I do out of respect.)

Am I weird?

I wash my hands before seeing the bunnies if I've been stroking the cat, just so the smell doesn't upset them. And I wash my hands before handling the small furries so that I don't smell of food and make them want to eat me. :lol::lol:

I don't wash my hands after handling any of them though.

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to washing hands anyway :) so yes I do which explains why they are so red and rough :D Having another bunny upstairs and the girls downstairs always means a wash in between seeing to both and having bearded dragons as well (salmonella risk) makes it more or less compulsory. I should have shares in soap and hand cream :lol:

Not weird in my opinion as I do the same. :)

I'll always wash my hands before seeing to the bunnies and the chins. Don't bother washing them afterwards though.

I wash my hands after handling all pets. I wash my hands before handling small ones so I don't smell nice to eat!

I wash my hands afterwards, was really ill a few times afterwards and doctor worked out it was from handeling the pets spesh rabbits and horses then forgetting and say eating :oops:

hit and miss really...

wash my hands before and after preparing any food... don't always wash my hands after handling the buns unless i've empied the litter tray.

i am a compulsive 'petter' (is that a word?) if the dogs are on the sofa and i walk past i always stroke them or just give them a pat so i would be washing every 2 seconds!! :?

Always wash my hands after handling the animals - except the dogs i suppose. I might stroke them and not wash my hands right after but will before i make food, touch other animals etc. I would feel horrible if i was handling all the small furries and didnt wash my hands :shock:

I only wash my hands before touching the buns if ive been handling food or I've been using cleaning products... Very rarely wash hands after touching the buns! :)

Shocked at how many people don't wash their hands to be honest! :shock:

Ah well, glad to have been one to shock you. Obviously doesn't do me any harm as i am very rarely ill.

I do wash my hands after cleaning out the cage, and use hand gel, but honestly i never do after just picking buns up.

Ah well, glad to have been one to shock you. Obviously doesn't do me any harm as i am very rarely ill.

I do wash my hands after cleaning out the cage, and use hand gel, but honestly i never do after just picking buns up.

To add to what i said - if im just picking up a bun i wont go and wash my hands right away, or the same if i stroke a bun. I will always wash my hands however if i have been holding a gerbil, hamster or one of the mice as their feet totter all over your hands and i'd feel awful if i didn't wash my hands and then held my sons hand for instance and he got an upset tummy or something.

Back